Paint 97 GTX Stabilizers ?

I have a 97 gtx I just got home to work on and fix a lot of misc issues. Some eye sores are the side stabilizers and front grille. My brother used some kind of boat wash on the sea doo and it turned anything black into a charcoal grey/whiteish color.

The side stabilizers, the front grilled, the rear pump area etc. I was going to remove them, scuff them, primer them & paint them a nice gloss black.

Any brand paint recommendations for those pieces? I most likely wont touch the pump area just the front grille and side stabilizers.

+1
    Get some Wipe New, it will take those from looking like an ancient chalkboard back to new again in seconds and it lasts. Really good stuff for restoring color in all the plastics on ski's and boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
    Get some Wipe New, it will take those from looking like an ancient chalkboard back to new again in seconds and it lasts. Really good stuff for restoring color in all the plastics on ski's and boats.
    Awesome thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
    Awesome thanks!
    Your welcome, did you finally get that ski up and running satisfactorily?

Quote Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
    Awesome thanks!
    Your welcome, did you finally get that ski up and running satisfactorily?
    I actually just got it home last week but I had to pull an engine out of my project car for a buyer over the weekend so this weekend will be sea doo weekend. I am going to let my girl work on some of the aesthetics while I work on the mechanical stuff. I am going to pull and/or replace the following

-fuel float
    -speed sensor
    -ground wiring
    -rectifier
    -pull carbs and check settings+cleaning
    -clean rave valves

I ordered a pop off tester and a hose kit to test idle at the house before I haul it to a river to test her out on the water. Pretty much everything mentioned above is new to me especially carbs but I've been doing some reading and feel pretty mechanical inclined to figure it out and replace what's needed. Hopefully with no broken bolts and very few bruise knuckles haha!

+1
    Order yourself a JIS screwdriver to work on those carbs, it will go much better for you than starting out by stripping all the heads off using a #2 phillips

Thread Information