Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

RXT-X 260 Fuel Consumption

Couple questions I can't seemt to find an answer to......

The ski is a 2013 RXT-X 260, bone stock

How much fuel is left when the low fuel light comes on at 2 bars? Has anyone done the math of actual fuel consumption at WOT?

2 bars is 6 gallons if I recall

+1
    yes when you have no bars you have approx 4 gallons left, do not get too greedy as i have ran out a few times lol when you hit no bars you need to get to a gas station or ramp asap haha

4. +1 by:

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    You have a fuel consumption state of display do you not? As I recall WOT is 22-23 gallons per hour. The fuel consumption display is fairly accurate to my knowledge.

+1
    I run until I have zero bars. Most PWC riders loose there mind and start to get really worried when they hear the alarm. I remember filling up at looking at how much fuel I was able to take and I always had a lot more fuel than I expected. So I don't get concerned until I hit zero bars. Last weekend I ran 10 minutes or so after zero bars. I was not riding aggressive...maybe 50 - 55 mph or so, and when I topped off my fuel I had 1.8 gallons of fuel left in my tank.

Doing the math on that trip I covered 67 miles on the water with a non-aggressive riding style. Which puts me close to a 75 mile range on my 2012 Sea-Doo RXP-X with V-Tech VT11 8350 Tune + VT1100 Injectors.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Great, that is exactly what I needed to know. I am attempting to plan for the AquaX race. I for some reason assumed that when the light came on I only had 2-3 gallons and that the fuel consumption rate was a "rough" estimate.

I knew that at 30 minutes of going all out my light would come on and that at around 34 I was showing no bars while cruising, but it would come back up to 2 bars once I slowed down.
    Last edited by Justony; 07-20-2015 at 12:38 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Justony View Post
    I am attempting to plan for the AquaX race.
    Unlike CC racing where you want to carry as little fuel as possible, in AquaX (endurance) having more gas is an advantage in staying better planted. Besides, when its choppy, you don't want to run with only 2 or so gallons left in tank as the fuel pump can overheat (no proof of this in pwc) or introduce air. Ideally you would run a fuel rail that has regulator and return on opposite end...but thats not legal in AquaX.

If you are serious about doing an AquaX event, I suggest you do a non-stop 30 minute run in similar conditions and see where you are.

FWIW: When my "low fuel" buzzer kicks on, I still have around 4 gallons in tank.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Fuel buzzer 4-5 gallons on both my RXT and RXP260's consistently.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    I am attempting to plan for the AquaX race.
    Unlike CC racing where you want to carry as little fuel as possible, in AquaX (endurance) having more gas is an advantage in staying better planted. Besides, when its choppy, you don't want to run with only 2 or so gallons left in tank as the fuel pump can overheat (no proof of this in pwc) or introduce air. Ideally you would run a fuel rail that has regulator and return on opposite end...but thats not legal in AquaX.

If you are serious about doing an AquaX event, I suggest you do a non-stop 30 minute run in similar conditions and see where you are.

FWIW: When my "low fuel" buzzer kicks on, I still have around 4 gallons in tank.
    Yes, after playing with different fuel levels I have decided that I am going to go with a full tank. It definitely keeps the nose planted better, and since this seems to be my biggest problem with the T-X and maintaining my speed; a risk I am willing to take. After 35 mins of running bouys in a decent chop and maintaining an average speed of around 62mph my fuel light has been on for about 6 mins and is showing empty, but once I slow down typically it bounces back and forth between 1 and 2 bars.

Regarding the fuel pump overheating, is there anything I can to do counteract and avoid this issue and still meet the stock requirements? Pre- or Post- race maintenance?

+1
    Regarding the fuel pump overheating, is there anything I can to do counteract and avoid this issue and still meet the stock requirements? Pre- or Post- race maintenance?
    As I've mentioned, I have no data or proof this is an issue in PWC. But doubt you will have any issues on a small OEM FP.

If I was to race in AquaX, I would be stuffing my gas tank with cell-foam. I have the fuel cell in my car filled to the top with it and it does its job.
    http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...fuel-cell-foam

As for pre/post maintenance... I'd pull oil filter and look between pleats for anything odd (but reuse). Pull SC for inspection and checking slip - don't be tempted to tighten slip as you will want a loose clutch in offshore type racing - but really depends on how you control the throttle.

Are you thinking of the Cocoa beach or St.Pete event?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information