96 kawi zxi 1100 wont start.. help please

Noob here, any help would be appreciated...First off, a little background on the jet ski: its a 96, has about 90 hours on it and was just serviced for the 100 hour maintenance. Everything on this ski is like new, it really looks like it just came off the showroom floor. It has never seen salt water until today. So anyways, I took the ski out for the first time today and had no problem starting it right up and taking off, I did notice that whenever I got on the throttle hard or let off hard it wanted to cut off, but wasn't really that noticeable, and it would immediately start right back up the couple of times it did cut off. After about an hour of riding it, I tied it off and went to hang out for a bit. Of course, when I go to start it up to ride it again after about 30-45 min, it wouldn't start. The engine turns and its not a battery issue because all the gauges come on and everything, but it just wont crank up. I don't have much knowledge about motors so anything will help. Let me know if I should include anything else information wise to try to figure this out. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kawiguy; 07-19-2015 at 09:18 PM.

+1
    Did you try choking it?

There is something you MUST check before you ride it again. Look at the front of the hull, below the rub rail, and make sure there is a sort of triangular bowl shaped piece mounted there. The air induction hull on the '96 1100 ZXis made it unstable at full speed and it would suddenly just flip over without warning. Kawasaki had a recall on this, and your dealer should be able to get the parts for you.

Also, inspect/replace your oil lines. They get brittle with age and split. Secure with stainless steel safety wire.

While you're doing that, pull the front cover off the engine and clean out the cooling chamber under the oil pump. You'll need to replace the O-rings. Also, replace the two bearings that support the oil pump drive coupling.

Probably time to overhaul the carbs, this should improve starting and stalling. You might replace the fuel filter and pull the fuel pickups from the tank and inspect them.

3. +1 by:

All of that stuff was replaced with the 100 hour inspection. The choke has been replaced with a primer and I also have the block offs, so it is premix now. carbs were rebuilt recently also.

Thread Information