2001 Polaris SLH 700 Stalls after riding 3/4 to full throttle for a couple minutes

It will start fine and take off good but after riding for a few minutes at high throttle it just dies. It will usually start right back up but takes a sec before you can give it full throttle again and it will usually just die again. I rebuilt the carberators, checked the on/off switch and fuel flow is good. I also pulled the fuel pick up out of the gas tank and everything in there looks ok but I was a little intimidated by the electronic board on the fuel pickup for the fuel lvl so I didn't try to pull it apart. The only thing I didn't pull off was the water trap but I did take it apart and it looks ok and the screen was clean. I feel like it is something small that I'm missing. Oh and there is no mfd, I don't know if that would affect anything. Could it do this if the stator is going bad? Is there a over heat function maybe my thermostat is bad or water cooling system is plugged? I have also checked compression and it is at 130 on both cyclinders. It will run on each cyclinder by its self.

Thank you

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Did you set the regulator arm height correctly when you did the carbs. Its too low you could be starving the motor for fuel.

I would also pull the cylinder heads and have a look, make sure you arent causing any problems from running lean.

Are you talking about the needle valve control arm? If you are I did not check it I will pull it apart and check it as soon as I get a chance. But is that enough to cause the problem I'm having?

Thread Information