Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva pro series ecu and 42lb injectors?

I've recently installed a pro series ecu on my 07 rxt with the recommended 50lb injectors but it's now over fueling and running rough at idle through to 4-5k? I'm only running a et127 wheel so would chucking the 42's in be OK with out it leaning out at the top end?

Any thoughts appreciated

+1
    How do u know, it's over fueling? I'll assume u have an AFR gauge onboard.
    What brand of 50's do u have? The junk rodchester ones that lock up with higher fuel pressure & come with the Riva kits?, or Bosch 50's?
    The Bosch 50's will probably flow too much for it. Bosch 48# injectors work very well with the Riva ECU's to a certain boost level.
    What is your fuel pressure set at?

I'm running bosch 50's, standard fuel pressure. I've only got a et127 that runs fine on 42's that's why I thought about swapping them out

+1
    Bosch 50s are NOT the recommended injectors with the Riva ECU and will run very rich. The injectors that are matched to the Riva ECU are the Delphi 50s, which flow totally different than the Bosch 50s. I ran the Delphi 50s for years with a Riva ECU and the fueling was great, until you go quite big on SC and try to crank up the fuel pressure over 60+ psi. Either run the Delphi 50s, or the Bosch 48s, but even with the Bosch 48s you may need an adjustable RRFPR.

Thanks for the info, I ment to order the 48lb injectors to start but for some reason I ordered the 50lb, when the arrived I wasn't that worried as it stated must be used with 50's. So what's people's thoughts on running the 42lb injectors with this setup? I can't see it doing any harm if the run this setup on stock ecu?

+1
    so even the 48s should be too rich?

+1
    Well the Riva ECU was mapped specifically for the Delphi 50s ... they lock up when you crank up fuel pressure beyond 63 psi in my experience (and others), but, when run with X charger or less SC, they worked great for many of us and fuel spot on. When you go with larger SCs, we tried to crank up the fuel pressure and found out they locked up ... that is when some went to the Bosch 48s, but they are still a bit rich. With the ET 127, I would really try to find the 'Riva'/Delphi 50s ... they match up to the fueling curve in the ECU. You can definitely run the Bosch 48s, but you may also want a RRFPR to have some flexibility in adjusting the base fuel pressure and also mess with trying with boost reference line attached or not attached. With anything other than the Delphi 50s you definitely want an AFR gauge to see where you are at, and it is smart even with the Delphi 50s.

+1
    only reason I ask is I had a riva with 50 delphi and an x charger in my polaris. I sold the polaris and the new owner has the same setup but with bosch 48 (stock seadoo injectors) and auto tune. he was running 15 afr until auto tune took over and is now putting the duty cycle at 100% JUST BEFORE wot. I thought the 48s and dephi 50s were evenly matched so There is def something else wrong

I really want to try and avoid using a rrfpr, I can't be bothered with the hassle! At most I plan on upgrading to an x charger with 137 wheel so may just order up the delphi 50's and be done with it! So with the delphi injectors I should be OK on stock fuel pressure with a 137 wheel at a later date? I may chuck the 42's in and for for a run and watch the afr, what sort of numbers should I be looking for?

+1
    I had a Riva ecu and Delphi 50s with an x charger. Never even bought a wide band to monitor. Just bolted it on and went

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information