Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MY 2014 RXP-X vs 2015 FX SVHO....

Short story, met a girl on the lake about a month ago. She has a 2013 FZR. She talked bad about my Doo, and how her Yamaha had a bigger engine etc. I asked her to run. She declined. Today I run into her again. She is hanging with a guy who has a 2015 FX SVHO. He decides he wants to run, and she comes along as well. I made pretty easy work of her FZR.

Now based on what I have read, an SVHO should beat me without too much fuss, and I fully expected that.
    We did 3 runs from a stop. I got them both every time, and maintained a length or possibly a little more on the SVHO. The 15 FX SVHO had 9 hours on it.

My PX is all stock with 103 hours on it. Supercharger has not been rebuilt yet. Still on the original Spark Plugs. I'm right at 200lbs. The guy on the SVHO may have been 220 lbs. All 3 skis had full tanks.

WHY did I beat that SVHO? I know it's not supposed to happen, but when I pulled away it sure made my day!
    I always have my GoPro with me. Of course the battery was dead today. Hopefully I'll run into them next wknd, and possibly do it again.

+1
    It's simple really, seadoo's are just much better than yamaha's! Also the T3 hull just cuts right through any chop out there, and it sure must have felt great to win after thinking you were going to lose the race!

Yeah the Hull definitely has it's advantages in the rough, but I made sure we went to a cove with light chop to make it fair for the girl on the FZR. The FX is a pretty good hull in the chop too. I can't help but think something wasn't right. The Yamaha's don't have a Sport Mode option do they?

+1
    Fx are key letters here

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    Fx are key letters here
    So you're saying because it's not marketed as a performance model it shouldn't beat me? The FX is only 21 lbs heavier than my ski. I believe the key letters are SVHO, and he should have taken the win. The owner of my dealer rides a PX, and he says the SVHO is faster, and I trust him so maybe there was a fluke in this particular machine.

He sells Seadoo, and Yamaha.

Quote Originally Posted by abmobil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdcoop0428 View Post
    Fx are key letters here
    So you're saying because it's not marketed as a performance model it shouldn't beat me? The FX is only 21 lbs heavier than my ski. I believe the key letters are SVHO, and he should have taken the win. The owner of my dealer rides a PX, and he says the SVHO is faster, and I trust him so maybe there was a fluke in this particular machine.

He sells Seadoo, and Yamaha.
    Stock for stock it's not faster. There very close and the fx handles the chop pretty well. Now with a few cheap mods the fx goes 76ish so it has the potential to be faster. Also I think the fxsvho dosent have a limiter on it. Gus can tell you more he had the px and. Ow has the fxsvho.

+1
    There was something wrong with FX. I have both of these ski's the FX (2015) is quicker and out runs my rxp-x (2014) on the top end. Stock for stock. Its close but the fx is always one and half ski's out front.

And No limiters on the 2015 FX 70 MPH on GPS.

Yeah I figured. Both of our skis were probably pretty heat soaked. I don't think I even hit 7900 rpm on these runs. We ran 3 times, and he played with the trim a little bit, but ultimately was never able to beat me. Askin are you saying your FX pulls ahead out of the hole or is it mainly the top end where the advantage is?

+1
    FX technically should have a slight advantage in a perfect controlled environment.

But even the FX hull does come unhooked easier than the T3. So being that the performance is so close to begin with it takes very little "X" circumstances to vary the outcome of a race. Living on the lake here I'm always watching skis go by and its amazing how easy so many of them come unhooked with very little chop. With out a doubt Yamaha hulls through the years have much more bounce to them than Seadoo's different hulls. Days when I rarely come unhook if at all I see Yamaha's bouncing like mad. T3 hull really eats lake style chop about as good as any hull ever has. If you can't stay hooked up all the power in the world does you very little good.

Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    FX technically should have a slight advantage in a perfect controlled environment.

But even the FX hull does come unhooked easier than the T3. So being that the performance is so close to begin with it takes very little "X" circumstances to vary the outcome of a race. Living on the lake here I'm always watching skis go by and its amazing how easy so many of them come unhooked with very little chop. With out a doubt Yamaha hulls through the years have much more bounce to them than Seadoo's different hulls. Days when I rarely come unhook if at all I see Yamaha's bouncing like mad. T3 hull really eats lake style chop about as good as any hull ever has. If you can't stay hooked up all the power in the world does you very little good.
    Oh trust me I understand this better than anyone with my other ski being a R12X. You could throw a penny in the water, and upset that thing. That's why I made sure to take the races to a cove. Chop was at a minimum plus I try not to race in chop because even though the T3 does really well it still comes unhooked at times, and I don't want to damage the S/C among other things.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information