Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    641
    +1
    109

    Aftermarket F15x intercooler

    Would like to get a larger intercooler for my F15X which is stock... Does anyone make one for a stock machine.. My understanding is Macs and H2o's are designed to work with their after market ECU .. How about you Nitro ..


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    canada qc
    Posts
    137
    +1
    5
    macs will be fine on a stock but need to weld the second map sensor fiting on the new ic . macs does not run 2 map sensor like your stock 15x

  3. #3
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    641
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    macs will be fine on a stock but need to weld the second map sensor fiting on the new ic . macs does not run 2 map sensor like your stock 15x
    Thanks Cisco , that's what I'll do....

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14
    +1
    1
    why are you wanting to run a larger intercooler and not also do a retune with a different ECU to take advantage of the extra cooling capacity?

  5. #5
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    641
    +1
    109
    not sure I want to spend another $3000 to go a little faster..... Maybe one day

  6. #6
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    641
    +1
    109
    I've already seen 70.5 mph with just wedge plate and modified ride plate. I good with that for now , I was just thinking I could get that speed more consistently with a larger intercooler...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    canada qc
    Posts
    137
    +1
    5
    h2o air filter also is god . it have more acceleration but not sure about top end gain . if you put larger ic plumb it on the stock location . i did plumb mine separately whit water filter but if i did not make oles in the body i would go stock plumbing again .

    my f15 is proportioning since i put 5 degree wedge . then i remove it and mod the ride plate . still have the problem . i did my 2 body f15x and there ok . why in the hell mine is running like this . lots of f15x have ride plate PLUS 2,5 wedge . did 2 intake grill same problem . if i remember right it was doing it whit only the 2.5 degree wedge and stock ride plate . the intake grill i have now is stock just sharpened a bit . i heaven extended the ride plate 2 inch , no change .

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    canada qc
    Posts
    137
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by cisco View Post
    h2o air filter also is god . it have more acceleration but not sure about top end gain . if you put larger ic plumb it on the stock location . i did plumb mine separately whit water filter but if i did not make oles in the body i would go stock plumbing again .

    my f15 is proportioning since i put 5 degree wedge . then i remove it and mod the ride plate . still have the problem . i did my 2 body f15x and there ok . why in the hell mine is running like this . lots of f15x have ride plate PLUS 2,5 wedge . did 2 intake grill same problem . if i remember right it was doing it whit only the 2.5 degree wedge and stock ride plate . the intake grill i have now is stock just sharpened a bit . i heaven extended the ride plate 2 inch , no change .
    i heaven think off changing the honda for that reason . don't like hull . i did mod seedoo for my buddy's and starting to like them .

  9. #9
    wheresmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    641
    +1
    109
    I get a slight porpoiseing at top speeds. When I extended the plate it seem to slow me down a little and didn't really solve the porpoiseing... I love my Honda, don't see me getting rid of it for any reason.. I may even come off the $$$ one day and be cruising in the mid to upper 70's

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmike View Post
    I get a slight porpoiseing at top speeds. When I extended the plate it seem to slow me down a little and didn't really solve the porpoiseing... I love my Honda, don't see me getting rid of it for any reason.. I may even come off the $$$ one day and be cruising in the mid to upper 70's
    I think I only paid $1200 for me F15x ECU...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. F15X Intercooler
    By hondaturboboy in forum Honda Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 09:16 AM
  2. WTB aftermarket intercooler riva intercooler leaking
    By ctct2118 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. FS Aftermarket intercooler or x wanted
    By 270rxp in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
  4. Aftermarket Intercooler ???'s
    By Fatty in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 08:34 AM
  5. Anyone tried aftermarket intercooler
    By Rodneyae in forum Honda Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •