2009 VX110 reliability question

New member here, been reading for a while now. I recently came across an opportunity to buy a 2009 VX110 that was previously a rental with 300hrs on it. I can get it for around $3000 if I want it. I am very unfamiliar with Yamaha as I have always had older, 2-stroke seadoo. If this were a two stroke I wouldn't even think about touching it with that many hours but I have been hearing that 300 hrs is nothing for these 4-stroke mr1 motors. Is this a deal worth jumping on? I could really use some input from you guys who actually have the knowledge on these modern-era skis. Thanks!

+1
    The VX is said to be Yamaha's most reliable ski ever manufactured.

check bottom of hull very carefully. If you dont get 47-50mph out of it with a single rider keep looking....a cheap ski now will cost you the most...invest properly in the beginning and you wont have to worry later on..

I have 1000+ hours on the vx motors, and have a documented motor with over twice that, used in a rental application...

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    check bottom of hull very carefully. If you dont get 47-50mph out of it with a single rider keep looking....a cheap ski now will cost you the most...invest properly in the beginning and you wont have to worry later on..

I have 1000+ hours on the vx motors, and have a documented motor with over twice that, used in a rental application...
    What exactly would I be looking for on the hull? And as far as the speed goes, what does this tell about the engine? Thanks for the help.

And is there a way to tell if the hour counter is in fact only 300 and has not turned over and is in fact 1300. I don't believe this to be the case and know the guy selling it but since it was once a rental you never know.

+1
    Something to consider is the YDS (Yamaha Diagnostics System). When connected to a computer running the YDS, you can access a lot of information about the engine, such as engine total hours. Even more interesting is that hours at RPMs is shown also. You can easily see if the engine has spent most of it's life time at WOT or at more conservative RPMs such as 70% to 75%.

Thread Information