+1

Q-How route cables for transducer & power?

2013 VXR ... Hope someone can help, trying get this installed before tomorrow. I have the Lowrance GPS/depth finder installed into glove box lid. The battery and transducer (INSIDE the hull) are at rear of ski. How are you routing the cables through glove storage box (after cutting hole) to battery and rear? You guys just breaking the seat seal? I don't see any clear way to route the cables and I removed the plastic firewall up front to try find a way up and over and back through???

Thanks

+1
    Anyone? Is there a way to route without drilling holes? I can't go through steering, the lowrance plugs are too big.

+1
    Well I thought this would be easy quick question.

+1
    Look in the "fishing" section. There's a guy who just did that and wrote it up really well.

+1

+1
    Thank you for reply.

Yea, I did see that video... well done, EXCEPT shows NOTHING on running wiring from lowrance head unit back to battery and/or transducer. Shows literally everything but that.

I guess my head unit will just be "art" for this weekend. I really don't want to drill holes unless I know there's 100% NO other way. Ugh I called all my Yamaha dealers and they where clueless. I thought for sure there would be a way to pass wiring from glove box down to engine compartment somehow.

I have a 2015 FX - so not sure we are talking apples to apples - but I just installed a hawkeye d10d and routed the power and transducer cable from the engine compartment to the cup holder by following the bundle of wires that connect to the dash gauges. There is a removable cable tie around a soft rubber boot that extends about 3 inches up the cables the cable are wrapped in some sticky foam I loosened them a little ran a stiff wired 12 - 14 gauge solid copper through the bundle then turned a loop in the wire attache a strong piece of string to the loop and pulled it back through. Then attached the string to the transducer wire and taped it up good and tight with electrical wire and worked it through. Repeat for the power wire. Replace the cable tie on the soft rubber cover and you have not disturbed the seal around the seat.

PS I did remove the right side cowling - made access to the wiring MUCH simpler.

Hope that helps.

I have had an email conversation going with the NZ guy who did the ski in the video. He simply runs the cables under the seat. The only hole drilled is the glove box .... the seat slides in across the top of the cables. I don't know if this will give long term abrasion issues on the ski or the cables.

I'm currently installing the same on my FX. My issue is how to cut the hole in the lid so the Elite-5 fits snugly - a bit fiddly because of the bend in the lid. I'll drill a 1" hole in the glove box and put the cable through a rubber grommet and silicone around it to seal it.

Thread Information