New to me 2012 px, build thread

Hey everyone

Haven't had a ski for a over a year now as I traded my 07 stage 2 RXP over a year ago. I put it together with help of this forum and a few members, thanks to those people.

I was offered a smoking deal from a long time customer/friend. I picked up a 2012 RXPX 157 hours $8300 CAD with trailer, still under warranty.

Had the ski out for the first time tonight. Ran good, pulled hard. I think I'm on the rpm limiter thru mid and up top and not getting full stock speed potential, going to have a look at the pump when I can. Maybe someone can help me out with letting me know what I should be seeing for stock numbers on GPS and the gauge with top rpms and speed.

I did read Jerry's thread on modding icontrol ecu skis and I wasn't too happy about it, 07 was just so friendly. I do want to get a vtech its just out of the budget right now. Has anyone used the riva or the r&d plug in? How much speed can I gain with a basic plug in, intake, impeller?

Also monitoring fuel. I remember a thread a while back someone installed a 4" intake and afr gauge and they were on the lean side. Can anyone confirm how far I can go before I have to actually monitor and add fuel.

It's seems as though a vtech tune, intake, and solas 1520 pitched by Erik is the best start off. Vtech is expensive at the moment but I guess you gotta pay to play. If anyone has had good luck with bolt ons and a basic plug in for the speed limits any help would greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Congrats on the rxpx , my advice is to save the money for
    vtech . I went 74.3 last night on my rxt tune only running there very conservative 8375 tune ! Afrs are 12.5 wot simple and it runs great .

Wow that's awesome, those tx hulls are fast!.. My 07 was a bullet compared to this thing, I'm not one to dig corners or run buoys, we'll see after I ride more (alone) but I also may like my old hull better, could have been the passenger but it was handling weird at certain speed.

+1
    the new px hull likes to lean to one side at low speeds...more pronounced when riding 2 up. give it some more gas and it straightens out.

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    The handling is most definitely significantly reduced with a passenger. Without a passenger the hookup, handling and performance are incredible. The most significant change with a passenger is much worse hookup in rough water. Without a passenger you can maintain a very high speed in significant chop without loosing hookup. With a passenger, it can be a significant struggle to hookup at speed. We we're thoroughly beaten in following seas last weekend by an S3 (also with a passenger). The waves were 2ft at short period and I couldn't go faster than 20-24 without breaking out. The S3 happily plowed through it at 28-30 with minimal issues.

*also* 8300CAD for a 2012RXPX!!! You got one hell of a deal!

Just reviewing your picture -- very hard to tell but are your sponsons in freestyle setup? Mine was delivered in freestyle as well and it wasn't until I switched to sport that I realized how well the machine handled. Especially with a passenger, freestyle made it way too loose for my liking.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like those TX's are pretty bad ass three seaters.. And yes $8300 cad, I did alright lol. As for my sponsons they are set to freeride, sport is the best option?

Work: GTA ------------ ----------------- Play: Georgian Bay
    +1
    Sport was a huge improvement for me, and for what it's worth it is the recommended setup for carrying passengers in your manual (page 60).

Set to sport, handles so much better. Also my steering cable bolt was really loose and the part was hollowed out a bit from being used loose for a while, tightened it up good and worked great, new part under warranty on the way.

I pulled 67.5 on gps the other day, fully stock. So just wondering what kind of speeds can I see with vtech tuner, intake and impeller. I want to be faster than than my old stage 2 rxp, but I'm definitely not looking to break the bank or be king of the lake cause someones always faster. Just looking for some real numbers anywhere from 74 77 and what I need to get me there.

Thanks

+1
    with a good tune, intake, the right prop, flame arrestor removed, ride plate holes filled, intake grate, and basically all the normal bolt ons 77-78 is easily doable.

Thread Information