Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    12+ RXP-X 260 vs 2005-2011 RXP and RXPX

    Comparisons which ones you guys think is better and why?


  2. #2
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Comparisons which ones you guys think is better and why?
    Even since the RXP came out in 2004, I hated the hull because how bad it handled in chop or surf. IMO: Junk if not completely flat.

    The T3 ('12-'15) is the main reason why I came back to riding sitdowns. It handles, eats chop for lunch, carves, dry, plush seating, fast, love the iBR, looks great. I can go on and on but seriously, it doesn't even feel right comparing a T3 hull to anything else being produced or made in the last 10 years.

    Some other brands may be slightly better in one area, but nothing made today is as well rounded as the T3!

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    SCHNORR12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lake George, NY
    Posts
    834
    +1
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Comparisons which ones you guys think is better and why?
    Even since the RXP came out in 2004, I hated the hull because how bad it handled in chop or surf. IMO: Junk if not completely flat.

    The T3 ('12-'15) is the main reason why I came back to riding sitdowns. It handles, eats chop for lunch, carves, dry, plush seating, fast, love the iBR, looks great. I can go on and on but seriously, it doesn't even feel right comparing a T3 hull to anything else being produced or made in the last 10 years.

    Some other brands may be slightly better in one area, but nothing made today is as well rounded as the T3!
    +1

    /thread

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Comparisons which ones you guys think is better and why?
    Even since the RXP came out in 2004, I hated the hull because how bad it handled in chop or surf. IMO: Junk if not completely flat.

    The T3 ('12-'15) is the main reason why I came back to riding sitdowns. It handles, eats chop for lunch, carves, dry, plush seating, fast, love the iBR, looks great. I can go on and on but seriously, it doesn't even feel right comparing a T3 hull to anything else being produced or made in the last 10 years.

    Some other brands may be slightly better in one area, but nothing made today is as well rounded as the T3!
    So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models? Doesnt the weight hold it back?

  6. #5
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models?Doesnt the weight hold it back?
    Not only would I do that, I did.

    As for the weight, yes its true, 800lbs is hard to ignore (mentally) but so are all the other newer skis. Biggest thing you notice at first is the slow speed turning ability due to its length. Its such a long ski that for sharp turning at slow speeds, you gotta juice the throttle a bit in order to get it to pivot. You get the hang of this really quick..

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models?Doesnt the weight hold it back?
    Not only would I do that, I did.

    As for the weight, yes its true, 800lbs is hard to ignore (mentally) but so are all the other newer skis. Biggest thing you notice at first is the slow speed turning ability due to its length. Its such a long ski that for sharp turning at slow speeds, you gotta juice the throttle a bit in order to get it to pivot. You get the hang of this really quick..
    Well I'm in a situation where I have a blown engine 2004 rxp would you try to sell it and get a 2012 plus

  8. #7
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,540
    +1
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Well I'm in a situation where I have a blown engine 2004 rxp would you try to sell it and get a 2012 plus
    If by now you haven't figured out where I stand, good luck

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Well I'm in a situation where I have a blown engine 2004 rxp would you try to sell it and get a 2012 plus
    If by now you haven't figured out where I stand, good luck
    10-4 sir just wanted to see if you would do everything possible to switch.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    48
    +1
    7
    The only thing the pre '12 RXP's are good for is jumping. IMO of course. I've riden both and now currently have a '15. I'll never go back to the last generation.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS lightweight flywheel for RXP and RXPX $250
    By rxpredviper in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. SOLD RXP and RxpX cover Factory like new
    By 02gpR in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 03:05 PM
  3. FS RXP and RXPX Stuff for sale
    By beachbum0286 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
  4. FS RXP and RXPX performance parts LOOK
    By stickshift69 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 10:54 AM
  5. Handling difference between rxp and RXPX
    By pdxrealtor in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 04:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •