12+ RXP-X 260 vs 2005-2011 RXP and RXPX

Comparisons which ones you guys think is better and why?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrifty View Post
    Even since the RXP came out in 2004, I hated the hull because how bad it handled in chop or surf. IMO: Junk if not completely flat.

The T3 ('12-'15) is the main reason why I came back to riding sitdowns. It handles, eats chop for lunch, carves, dry, plush seating, fast, love the iBR, looks great. I can go on and on but seriously, it doesn't even feel right comparing a T3 hull to anything else being produced or made in the last 10 years.

Some other brands may be slightly better in one area, but nothing made today is as well rounded as the T3!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Even since the RXP came out in 2004, I hated the hull because how bad it handled in chop or surf. IMO: Junk if not completely flat.

The T3 ('12-'15) is the main reason why I came back to riding sitdowns. It handles, eats chop for lunch, carves, dry, plush seating, fast, love the iBR, looks great. I can go on and on but seriously, it doesn't even feel right comparing a T3 hull to anything else being produced or made in the last 10 years.

Some other brands may be slightly better in one area, but nothing made today is as well rounded as the T3!
    +1

/thread

So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models? Doesnt the weight hold it back?

+1
    So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models?Doesnt the weight hold it back?
    Not only would I do that, I did.

As for the weight, yes its true, 800lbs is hard to ignore (mentally) but so are all the other newer skis. Biggest thing you notice at first is the slow speed turning ability due to its length. Its such a long ski that for sharp turning at slow speeds, you gotta juice the throttle a bit in order to get it to pivot. You get the hang of this really quick..

So you would get a T-3 Hull and never look back at the older models?Doesnt the weight hold it back?
    Not only would I do that, I did.

As for the weight, yes its true, 800lbs is hard to ignore (mentally) but so are all the other newer skis. Biggest thing you notice at first is the slow speed turning ability due to its length. Its such a long ski that for sharp turning at slow speeds, you gotta juice the throttle a bit in order to get it to pivot. You get the hang of this really quick..
    Well I'm in a situation where I have a blown engine 2004 rxp would you try to sell it and get a 2012 plus

+1
    Well I'm in a situation where I have a blown engine 2004 rxp would you try to sell it and get a 2012 plus
    If by now you haven't figured out where I stand, good luck

If by now you haven't figured out where I stand, good luck
    10-4 sir just wanted to see if you would do everything possible to switch.

+1
    The only thing the pre '12 RXP's are good for is jumping. IMO of course. I've riden both and now currently have a '15. I'll never go back to the last generation.

Thread Information