Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 rxp-x 260

+1

2015 rxp-x 260

I just picked up my brand new RXP-X on Monday and was able to ride it maybe an hour that afternoon. My initial thoughts on the ski as of now is the handing in and out of turns is really nice, like being on a rail. The low end and mid range power and tq are pretty nice however the top feels like it's missing something. When I bought it they claimed 68-70 and it was governed at 70. I understand all that. I understand that it's new and needs time to break in. The stealership said that I needed to ride it for 10hrs with the slow key while it's breaking, well I'll be lucky to get10hrs on it for the rest of summer. So it's go fast key and sport mode. So rite out the box what are the real world numbers that their supposed to run? I only saw 62-63, that was with a full tank of gas and I'm 200lbs. Now when I would get to around 55-57 it seemed to just fall on its face and took a few secs to get into the 60's.

My other thing is I know that I need to have the speed limiters turned off to go any faster. Once I get that taken care of what would be the best mods to get it into the high 70s low 80s?

I have read a lot on here and I'm not sure which part would be best to start off with....so many choices. Thanks in advance for the input.

Hold my beer and watch this... JohnnyMac's Avatar
    +1
    I'm pretty sure that the machine regulates itself for the first 10 hours so guys (like you ) don't blow it up while breaking it in.... After 10 hours it'll open up for you.

+1
    Well dang! I guess I'll have to leave it running one night at the dock. Lol

4. +1 by:

+1
    I'm at 80.5 with the mods in my sig. Get your wallet out cuz it's not gonna be cheap. Your ski is very limited until you hit 6-10hrs then should get full stock power and be 67-69mph. Good luck.

Isnt it bad to break it in with the learner key?

+1
    Let's hope that I don't have to work this weekend and maybe I'll get lucky and put 2-3 hrs on it.

+1
    Kills ya doesn't it. My FZR was only 1.5hr. Even that seemed like an eternity.
    Last edited by Guidoo; 07-15-2015 at 04:57 PM.

my stock 2014 RXTX does 70 mph per the GPS speedo so I guess the auto limit feature below 10 hours must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by jog78 View Post
    I just picked up my brand new RXP-X on Monday and was able to ride it maybe an hour that afternoon. My initial thoughts on the ski as of now is the handing in and out of turns is really nice, like being on a rail. The low end and mid range power and tq are pretty nice however the top feels like it's missing something. When I bought it they claimed 68-70 and it was governed at 70. I understand all that. I understand that it's new and needs time to break in. The stealership said that I needed to ride it for 10hrs with the slow key while it's breaking, well I'll be lucky to get10hrs on it for the rest of summer. So it's go fast key and sport mode. So rite out the box what are the real world numbers that their supposed to run? I only saw 62-63, that was with a full tank of gas and I'm 200lbs. Now when I would get to around 55-57 it seemed to just fall on its face and took a few secs to get into the 60's.

My other thing is I know that I need to have the speed limiters turned off to go any faster. Once I get that taken care of what would be the best mods to get it into the high 70s low 80s?

I have read a lot on here and I'm not sure which part would be best to start off with....so many choices. Thanks in advance for the input.
    You're not going to get full power until later on. I'm guessing you're maybe reaching a peak of 7500 rpm right now. It will peak at 8040 rpm later on. Sometimes higher for brief periods. My ski had FULL power at 4.5 hours. I still didn't hold the throttle wide open for extended periods until after 10 hours. Once broken in top speed will vary a little, but they are limited to 68 mph give or take just a little.

My ski bone stock in very cold winter GA water hit 70.1 on GPS ONE time. I'm sure it was for split second before the limiters brought it back down. I can consistently hit 68 on GPS, and sometimes 69.X. The stock speedo typically reads 2 mph too high even though it runs off of its own GPS signal.

Do NOT ride it with the slow key. Use the normal key, and ride it in Sport Mode.
    Vary the throttle, and don't keep it wide open for extended periods. It needs some WOT action though. Cylinder pressure is good for seating the rings.

I'm extremely happy with my 14 PX. 102 hours, and not a single problem.

11. +1 by:

+1
    This is good to know! Picking up my 2015 p-x on thursday. Looks like I have a lot of riding to do!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information