Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Audio system?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belleville, Ontario
    Posts
    24

    Audio system?

    Hey guys, I want to install some kind of sound system on my pwc hoping I can hear it while flying! Thing is... I am totally clueless about sound systems! So you need 2 speakers, amp and a deck? I was thinking getting one of those kit on this website
    http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/J...rt_direction=1

    Or better for flyboarding; pierce holes in the hull on the sides of the ski so that sounds is tossed all azimut instead of directed at the driver?

    Lemme know what you guys think!


  2. #2
    logan9806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valmeyer IL
    Posts
    122
    +1
    1
    I have been toying around with this idea as well. I don't think that kit would work very well for flyboarding you are mainly to the front and sides. So I wold think speakers in the sides would work best. It would be nice to figure out a way to point them up a bit.

  3. #3
    logan9806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Valmeyer IL
    Posts
    122
    +1
    1
    This would work out great I think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	365416  

  4. #4
    BetaRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    421
    +1
    66
    Get a Bluetooth amp and you can skip a deck/head unit

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    993
    +1
    67
    That's got to be a really selfish idea, blasting sound so you can hear it while flying...talk about noise pollution! Why not try headphones? Cheaper and far less annoying to everyone else

  6. #6
    Gsmith88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Li , New York
    Posts
    880
    +1
    111
    Ohh Yeah ride a ski with headphones . real smart. If you would get annoyed about a little music
    i think you need a new hobby.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    993
    +1
    67
    I thought you were flying?

  9. #8
    Takostubos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by logan9806 View Post
    I have been toying around with this idea as well. I don't think that kit would work very well for flyboarding you are mainly to the front and sides. So I wold think speakers in the sides would work best. It would be nice to figure out a way to point them up a bit.
    What i did is purchase a bose external system that they sell for atv and jeeps, it is 700w, i strapped it to the seat and i can hear it while flying, yes it is loud and other people can hear, however, it is not any more intrusive yhen people sith wakeboard tower audio,
    Last edited by Takostubos; 01-23-2016 at 07:45 PM.

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belleville, Ontario
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
    That's got to be a really selfish idea, blasting sound so you can hear it while flying...talk about noise pollution! Why not try headphones? Cheaper and far less annoying to everyone else
    Headphones? I specified this is for flyboard ... plus I wanna be able to hear it when I am chilling on the beach... You're a funny one for accusing people of being selfish when you have no idea where they're riding/flying? Do you even know what flyboarding is anyways?

    Quote Originally Posted by Takostubos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by logan9806 View Post
    I have been toying around with this idea as well. I don't think that kit would work very well for flyboarding you are mainly to the front and sides. So I wold think speakers in the sides would work best. It would be nice to figure out a way to point them up a bit.
    What i did is purchase a bose external system that they sell for atv and jeeps, it is 700w, i strapped it to the seat and i can hear it while flying, yes it is loud and other people can hear, however, it is not any more intrusive yhen people sith wakeboard tower audio,

    In regards t hdav, it sounds like someone who likes to spend thier time trolling the boat launch parkjng lot in their hybrid vehicle worrying about others and not their own business
    Can you show me what specific model of speaker you have? I was thinking about doing this too actually but they all seem super overpriced for what is it... then they're battery powered which is a pain in the ass for people who love to camp like myself!


    Drilling holes in the back sides of the hull would probably be my best bet but it'd be hard because of how the hull is made on my jetski!!!

  11. #10
    Takostubos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    +1
    3
    Sorry my first post came out entirely wrong, the system I purchased was Boss Boss Audio ATV85B

    http://www.bossaudio.com/marine/marineoff-road-atv-utv-motorcycle-audio-stereo-system-speaker-amplifier-boss-audio-atv85b/

    Definitely not a bose....,


    I Also mounted on the back with the speakers facing front. Right away, I had to also add a second battery to power this, as this wore my first battery down after I accidently left it on....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New XM Satellite Audio System Installation...
    By kristylynn9598 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 06:49 AM
  2. Fullwave Audio Systems
    By clouless in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 12:08 PM
  3. Anybody install a audio system on your ski?
    By cdalesch in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
  4. rxp audio system
    By RXPT400 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 08:38 PM
  5. Waterproof Audio System
    By pwcindustries in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •