Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Parting out 2001 slx!!!!

I have every piece of this ski currently. Hit a rock and put a big hole in the hull. Filled the lower end with water and was not able to get the ski running in a fair amount of time and now the crank bearings are rusted. I will list the big items but im going to strip this thing and throw whats left over in the trash. I will post these items here for awhile before taking them to ebay. FYI this was a good running ski before the wreck so all parts are in good shape.

CDI- 300$ shipped
    Hood with great paint and decals. One dime sized blemish.- 200$ plus actual shipping.
    Jugs, pistons, 3 sets- 125$ shipped per set. I have been spraying fogging oil on them since removed but might need a slight home to clean off surface rust.
    Jet pump, stock impellar, wear ring- 175$ shipped. Has one cracked fin but ski had little no cavitation when removed.
    3 perfect stock domes and head covers- 40$ shipped each.
    Full carb rack with fuel pumps- 175$ shipped. Carbs are spotless and ski ran when when installed.
    Seat with no cracks in bottom plastic at all- 150$ plus actual shipping. Cover is in okay shape no cracks or fading but does not look new by any means.
    Perfect working MFD 125$ shipped.
    Trim motor (fast Version) 60$ shipped.

I have all of the other pieces of this ski so If you are looking for something I didn't list just ask. Will try and get pictures up when available.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    If that is the 'Fast trim' MFD then you may be able to ask for more money. Fast Trim MFD are hard to find, only used on Pro models and some 1200 SLX, as I recall.

Also post whether it is 8-pin or 12-pin connector.

+1
    Will do I'll check when I get home.

Can I have dibs on the mfd and trim motor?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blairwill4 View Post
    I have every piece of this ski currently. Hit a rock and put a big hole in the hull. Filled the lower end with water and was not able to get the ski running in a fair amount of time and now the crank bearings are rusted. I will list the big items but im going to strip this thing and throw whats left over in the trash. I will post these items here for awhile before taking them to ebay. FYI this was a good running ski before the wreck so all parts are in good shape.

CDI- 300$ shipped
    Hood with great paint and decals. One dime sized blemish.- 200$ plus actual shipping.
    Jugs, pistons, 3 sets- 125$ shipped per set. I have been spraying fogging oil on them since removed but might need a slight home to clean off surface rust.
    Jet pump, stock impellar, wear ring- 175$ shipped. Has one cracked fin but ski had little no cavitation when removed.
    3 perfect stock domes and head covers- 40$ shipped each.
    Full carb rack with fuel pumps- 175$ shipped. Carbs are spotless and ski ran when when installed.
    Seat with no cracks in bottom plastic at all- 150$ plus actual shipping. Cover is in okay shape no cracks or fading but does not look new by any means.
    Perfect working MFD 125$ shipped.
    Trim motor (fast Version) 60$ shipped.

I have all of the other pieces of this ski so If you are looking for something I didn't list just ask. Will try and get pictures up when available.
    whats the part number on the cdi

+1
    Cdi and trim are gone.

+1
    Hello, new member here, just got a 2001 Virage TX last weekend that the owner pulled out the electrical box to check the CDI and then left it sitting open in his shed all winter.
    I realize the CDI is sold, but could you price me the rest of the electrical box with cables, the mounting screws for it, and the battery cover with hold down please?
    Thanks!

+1
    So you want the whole electronics box, the battery cables, I'm not sure what you mean by mounting screws? I think I have the battery cover and by hold down do you mean straps?

+1

double posted

Sorry, double posted. Newbies!
    Last edited by Taildragger; 07-17-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Duplicate

+1
    I am not sure of how the electrical box or battery are mounted. From the parts book, it looks like the electrical box has some mounting screws, and the battery had some long studs holding it down. If it is held in with a strap I would like that as all the mounting and the cover is missing.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information