Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

svho timing chain. ?

Terrible thought have been going through my mind ..should I sell the beloved svhofzs?this timing chain issue is starting to get to me help?????

+1
    Its a worrying trend that makes me want to look at buying something other then Yamaha. Surely Yamaha acknowledge whats going on and are going to fix it, for their own brand reputation if nothing else.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vvinmann View Post
    Terrible thought have been going through my mind ..should I sell the beloved svhofzs?this timing chain issue is starting to get to me help?????
    I would sell the Yamaha ASAP to me .

+1
    If you can afford it and you have a replacement boat in mind, by all means go for it. I've done this twice-with my '09 FZS and my '12 FZR. The hull on my '09 literally wore out in 250 hours and there was nothing I could do to salvage it. My FZR never ran right and the pump tunnel cracked so I traded that just to get rid of the hassles of trying to get it fixed. Many people have no idea how bad Yamaha's products are right now. The issue isn't that there's failures-all machines fail. The issue is that there are failures that are design related and can't be adequately addressed in the field so the owner is left to fend for themselves.

+1
    Well again all you here is the bad and yes it really sucks if it happens to you but I ride with 6 other 2014-15 svho and not one of us has had any issue one ski has over 150 hours my 14 has had a hard life I used it at all the drags last year and I will be riding it again tomorrow for a little 70 mile ride in fact I just sold my 09 FZR and may pick up a 15

i own 3 different model cars and when I read the forums on each one there are post about how bad they are and all the problems so just ride and enjoy anything can happen but I don't sit around worrying about what may or may not happen

6. +1 by:

+1
    Russian roulette!!! It sucks when it's your turn!!! I have one with 30 hours and I'm afraid it will happen to me!!!

Well said shhr..I shouldnt have to worry about whats gonna break next though,,im far from a worry wart ,,all i need is a revised chain ,,and im good

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    If you can afford it and you have a replacement boat in mind, by all means go for it. I've done this twice-with my '09 FZS and my '12 FZR. The hull on my '09 literally wore out in 250 hours and there was nothing I could do to salvage it. My FZR never ran right and the pump tunnel cracked so I traded that just to get rid of the hassles of trying to get it fixed. Many people have no idea how bad Yamaha's products are right now. The issue isn't that there's failures-all machines fail. The issue is that there are failures that are design related and can't be adequately addressed in the field so the owner is left to fend for themselves.
    Can you please elaborate on how the hull wore out in 250 hours?

+1
    Worrying is what made me trade in for a RXP X260. Well worrying and Yamaha not doing anything about it that we know of.

+1
    I want to ride and not worry if/when it'll break.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information