1999 slx 1050 New to skis trying to replace pump bearings need help

One of my bearings went. I purchased a rebuild kit complete with seals. After I figure out the order of the bearings and seals do I grease them or put grease in the cone? Or both? Please help any info is appreciated

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The jet pump bearings should be sealed and have grease already inside. Installed into the hub dry, use the freezer and oven method to allow easy seating of each new bearing.

The front seals are installed dry, then use a finger to lightly pack the space between the seals with waterproof marine bearing grease.

No grease needs to be packed into the tail cone. Replace the large rear o-ring that seals the tail cone into the hub, and lightly grease the tail cone where it slides into the o-ring.

Replace the thin front o-rings on the stub shaft, also lightly greased.

Ok thankyou. I thought I read people saying they pack the cone and when I took mine off it was dry.

Do you no where I can find a diagram of the order of the bearings? I can't just replace the same way I took them out because they seized up and broke apart
    Last edited by K447; 07-14-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Order I meant not preset

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddoubles817 View Post

Do you no where I can find a diagram of the order of the bearings? I can't just replace the same way I took them out because they seized up and broke apart
    I think there are posts describing how the jet pump is assembled during a rebuild.

If you cannot find those threads, post here and someone will dig up a link for you.

Ok thank you

Thank you for that very informative link. I will let you no how I make out. What is the best thing to use to clean up the corrosion around where the bearings sit

I installed the bearings and replaced the thru hull coupling and took it out today. Seemed to be running great thanks for all the help

Thread Information