Carb rebuild progress

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	365206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	365205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	365204

Still new to the sight, but wanted to post some progress on my DIY carb rebuild kit (00 virage tx) just go the top end off and look what I found?!?!?

Gonna buy carb rebuild kits on ebay (any know sources would be great) also need fuel lines i just picked up 1/4inch black fuel lines from Lowes last night.

This explains why the ski wouldnt stay on after starter fluid burned off. Just wanted to open a discussion on things to look for and how hard it is to replace all my fuel & oil lines.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Green goo from old Tempo fuel hoses.

This is why replacing the fuel hoses is a must do item, along with rebuilding the carburetor at the same time.

Replace ALL the fuel hoses, even the hard to get at sections and the vent hoses.

And the fuel filter with a new OEM filter, not aftermarket. And the fuel selector valve.

And clean out the fuel/water separator, if you have one. There are o-rings inside the separator, two of them. Replace the o-rings.

I highly recommend using good quality fuel hose and Oetiker style hose clamps.

Thanks!

k447 you're a weath of knowledge I guess the previous owner didnt bother to ever inspect the ski. I will use this as a guide to start replacing parts.

Thanks Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

This is why replacing the fuel hoses is a must do item, along with rebuilding the carburetor at the same time.

Replace ALL the fuel hoses, even the hard to get at sections and the vent hoses.

And the fuel filter with a new OEM filter, not aftermarket. And the fuel selector valve.

And clean out the fuel/water separator, if you have one. There are o-rings inside the separator, two of them. Replace the o-rings.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Be sure to click through to my signature links. Lots of info in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretchp2 View Post
    k447 you're a weath of knowledge I guess the previous owner didnt bother to ever inspect the ski. I will use this as a guide to start replacing parts.

Thanks Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Thread Information