Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

You wonder why boat people don't care for PWCs

Yesterday I swear every jackass with a ski was at the "beach". It was absolutely packed yesterday,and it seemed nobody had a clue. To start I never beach my ski,always use an anchor as the beach is pebbles not sand so scratches will happen. I however do beach my stand up as I'm not as concerend about the bottom. We get there and claim our spot before most show up. The water level is high so space is a little limited. Either way I put my anchor out and put my stand up at the edge of our spot and went for a ride. I come back 30 minutes later and there's two more anchors placed about 3' away from mine on both sides, And someone has put this wierd shore anchor with a rope out to a ski and then a rope from that one to another ski to just drift around. I'm thinking WTF when I see the other anchors, do people not have any common courtesy? So I move my anchor over away from my spot and walk up to the beach. The other two skis with the shore anchor are swinging around my standup so I have to move there's out of the way to get mine out. They watch me do this as if I'm the asshole. I then meet the people that put the anchors on both sides of mine and they immediately apologize when I mention it. We end up striking a nice conversation about they're new Sparks and I suggested maybe in a while if he felt up to it we could ride each other's skis for a min as I've been wanting to ride a spark. They immediately hook up a tube and head out and are immediately pulled over by water patrol for no spoter or mirrors while towing. Also gets him for no fire extinguisher. His wife is just bitching and complaining because they didn't know they needed a spotter or an extinguisher. Goes on and on how she couldn't believe they got tickets. This is when I decided I wouldn't be swapping skis after all. I ended up having to stay out by my ski when anchored to stop people from running into it as they didn't know when to shut them off or that they don't steer if you don't give them throttle.

So to why we get a bad name. I can't count how many people riding in the no wake zone next to the marina. Not just coming back to the beach but literally just riding in the no wake zone. I flagged down 2 people to inform them how the no wake zone works and once again they looked at me like I was an asshole. Multiple people pulling tubes back and forth in front of the marina so boats couldn't get out with weaving threw the traffic. Multiple people following wake board boats pulling people and jumping they're wake. It was the worst I've ever seen,way to close.

It was just like everyone bought a ski yesterday and didn't care what the rules where. I just know it's a mater of time before they try and ban pwc's on my lake if this continues.

Is it like this everywhere?

Rant off. TL;DR nobody has a clue how to ride,but they can sure buy them.

+1
    Around here we have to watch out for the assholes in bass boats. I've seen one cut between two boats anchored no more than 75' apart running 70mph+.

+1
    Just because someone can afford to buy a watercraft doesn't mean they have the intelligence/skills to operate one. The lake I live on is the same way.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I think its like that everywhere, Captain.

Everywhere I go, there's idiots that continue to be less than considerate - of others, or the laws; skis/boats, it makes no difference.

The human gene-pool needs a serious dose of chlorine.

Here in Havasu/river; you (in my opinion) really need to make a point of 'head on swivel' when you ride. We have a ton of fuking VERY fast boats here. If you're not careful you'll be diced prop-chop.
    Never-the-less, I see people turning w/o looking all the time. jumping wakes way to close to the boat, etc., etc., etc.

I simply stay away from the water on busy weekends/holidays. Read about all the 'excitement' in the paper.

+1
    In my area the jet skis know what they are doing. It's the boaters that are dangerous, especially the old men in bass boats.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I could be wrong but I feel most of the problems are caused by renters with no clue about boating rules....I think most owners figure it out, sometimes the easy way sometimes the hard way....and then there are the ones that know and just don't give a plop....

+1
    There's only two rentals available on this lake. I see what your saying but not the case here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SVHOKidd View Post
    Around here we have to watch out for the assholes in bass boats. I've seen one cut between two boats anchored no more than 75' apart running 70mph+.
    Same down here in TX .. why the F these bass boat guys think they own the water is beyond me.

It isn't the bass boats here that are the problem, most of the bass guys are very experienced and courteous boaters. It is the guys in the Baja boats. We call Baja boats "asshole boats", because if you buy a noisy Baja, you are usually a fricking asshole.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Best way to go is what race said. Or as you see idiots going out you go it and vice versa. When they go in you go out
    they have brought the price down so more can go and just don't bother to look up rules of the water. It's a free for all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information