2004 Polaris Virage, display went blank, low engine power now

I recently purchased a 2004 Polaris Virage. We took it out for about an hour the first day and it ran great. The second day we had it out for about two hours and we went to switch riders and the display went blank and it will only run at about quarter throttle which is about enough to get me back to the trailer. It did not get sunk and we were basically tooling around with two people. I checked the quarter amp fuse and that is fine the battery is new and I checked several connections. I have no one in my area that can troubleshoot it but it seems to me the Multi function display device needs to be replaced according to several threads that I've read.... Any ideas ???

Sometimes my MFD goes haywire......I've diagnosed it to a faulty start/stop module (LR-503 for me). If I wiggle the start/stop module, my MFD gets power again.

Have you tried disconnecting the start/stop module and manually cranking the ski using an insulated screwdriver?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jkernea View Post
    Sometimes my MFD goes haywire......I've diagnosed it to a faulty start/stop module (LR-503 for me). If I wiggle the start/stop module, my MFD gets power again.

Have you tried disconnecting the start/stop module and manually cranking the ski using an insulated screwdriver?
    Power for the display does not go through the LR module. Something else is getting affected when you jiggle the LR module.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsy View Post
    I recently purchased a 2004 Polaris Virage. We took it out for about an hour the first day and it ran great. The second day we had it out for about two hours and we went to switch riders and the display went blank and it will only run at about quarter throttle which is about enough to get me back to the trailer. It did not get sunk and we were basically tooling around with two people. I checked the quarter amp fuse and that is fine the battery is new and I checked several connections. I have no one in my area that can troubleshoot it but it seems to me the Multi function display device needs to be replaced according to several threads that I've read.... Any ideas ???
    Disconnect the Deutsch DT connector behind the display. Bypass the MFI security starter interlock by jumpering pins 1 and 3 with a short U-looped length of 14 AWG solid copper wire. See if the engine now runs normally.

+1
    where are you located?

And if the engine runs normal just replace the MFD??? Location is ND.

And if the engine runs normal just replace the MFD??? Location is ND.
    Thanks,
    Bryan

Engine ran fine... What are your thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Bryan

Thread Information