Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

2012 vxs cavitating after mods!!! Please help

HI GUYS, I DID SOME MODS TO MY VXS WICH INCLUDED THE FOLLOWINGS, R&D intake grate, riva ribbon delete, R&D power filter, Riva through hull exhaust, Riva sponsons, rival engine breather upgrade, the problem in having now is that is cavitating out of the hole and at top speed, i let a friend of mine ride my ski and i think he sucked some rocks so i definitely need to change my impeller and not letting anybody touch my ski again!!! but should i also change the wear ring and since im on the stock impeller what pitch and what impeller you guys recommend should get please help me this is my first ski and im still a newby, right now my ski feels like shit it won't go over 50 mph. even when it was stock i was doing 63 mph

How does the impeller look? Are there big gouges in it? Is there a big gap between the impeller and the impeller housing?

3. +1 by:

+1
    I'd be shocked if you lost that much top speed from a nicked impeller when the thing is still running at all. I guess it's possible but I think you should check the usual suspects (spark plugs, air obstruction, etc) unless that impeller looks reay bad.

5. +1 by:

+1
    thank you for the response, i can see some scratches and dents on it, but how can you tell if the housing suffered some damage? i was thinking about changing the impeller first

+1
    how ofter do you change your spark plugs, i got this ski new last summer it was a left over and i already have 30hrs on it, should i change my spark plugs, i don't think is an air filter problem since i have the power filter, i gonna take a pic of my impeller and post it here maybe that helps

+1
    this is also what im noticing when im riding the thing, if i hit straight from the hole shot i get cavitation, really bad, but also when im at top speed at full gas i don't know if im hitting the limiter or is also cavitation cause sounds almost the same, it feels like the ski wants to give more but something is holding it

Post up some pics of your impeller, front and back view

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mfslacker22 View Post
    Post up some pics of your impeller, front and back view
    I'd change the plugs too.

+1
    Only speaking from experience but when I went to a R&D intake I got cavitation from hole shot only, better hook up and no issues anywhere else. Only other thing I have done is ribbon delete. At some point new prop with proper pitch to solve hole shot issue is what I hear.

12. +1 by:

+1
    hey DarkCanuck, now that you mentioned i started getting the cavitation after i changed to the new intake grate, i also ordered a new impeller Solas concord 13/19 what you guys think?? is this one fine for me or should i have ordered a different one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information