Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will any other dash/cluster fit the 2000 slx1200??

Mine is working randomly and I feel it is going to fail. Does any other laris ski dash plug and play in his ski ? As if I don't have my hands full with this ski now.. Thanks for any info..

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    You probably have the fast trim motor in yours. 3280264 is the part number you want. You could use almost any MFD if you switched to the slower trim motor.

Aren't the pin connections different ? So the trim motor it self that's used for the trim is the issue as to running a different dash ?

+1
    The trim will work, it just wont sync up with the display if you use an MFD for aslow trim motor with a fast trim motor or vice versa

+1
    Which MFD are you trying to replace? What is the part number on your current MFD?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    Mine is working randomly and I feel it is going to fail..
    What exactly is the current MFD doing?

It has condensation in it, was working randomly.. I need a new one,.,. Just wanted to know what ones will plug in play.. I do not need to have the trim indicator work, as long as the other functions do I am fine, something that goes into the factory hole..

+1
    It has condensation in it, was working randomly.. I need a new one,.,. Just wanted to know what ones will plug in play.. I do not need to have the trim indicator work, as long as the other functions do I am fine, something that goes into the factory hole..
    Do you want to send it to me? Sometimes these are repairable. Moisture inside makes it a toss up as to whether it can be recovered, corrosion is the concern.

PM me if you want to go this route.

Thanks for looking out but honestly I would rather just buy one that is ready to drop in and plug up.. Sorry i just now seen this.. Can anyone give me a list of what will plug in and work ?/ I am not worried about the trim meter or ( i heard something of that nature not working correct ) Thanks you

+1
    Thanks for looking out but honestly I would rather just buy one that is ready to drop in and plug up.. Sorry i just now seen this.. Can anyone give me a list of what will plug in and work ?/ I am not worried about the trim meter or ( i heard something of that nature not working correct ) Thanks you
    If you do not care about the accuracy of the Trim Position indicator on the MFD then you can use any other model of oval MFD in place of the original Fast Trim MFD.

There are two electrical connector sizes used across all Polaris MFD displays, the Deutsch 8-pin connector was widely used on many watercraft models and years. On a few models (SLX and Pro) a 12-pin Deutsch connector was used.

If your current machine uses the 12-pin connector then you can use an 8-pin display by also using an adapter, or you can switch the 12-pin connector shell to 8-pin. The pins just slide out of the old connector and push into the new connector. Takes a few minutes to do.

There will also be accuracy differences in the speedometer readings when you swap in a different model of MFD.

Fuel level indications will be accurate at full and empty but in between levels may be slightly misleading.

All other MFD readings should be correct.

Some MFD have a built in compass.

Have a a look at my signature links, in the MFD section, for more info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information