Kawa ultra260 x IC swap and strange spark plugd

Hello guys,yersterday a customer came in to my shop with a Kawa ultra 260x 2009 model,and puling out the seats i saw that the IC wasn't the original(see photo),its a Yamaha IC.Somebody has seen this lind of swap!?Can it work!?
    Another point on this ski are the spark plugs(see photo),there are original spark plug but modified ,who put it onto this ski made a litle modification on the top end.Somebody know why or if is this correct!?

+1
    wow i would source the correct plugs

Ok,so its not an usual procedure on this spark plugs!!!

+1
    are you saying the spark plugs are the same brand and part number? if so i would say no its not normal, however i can see why they done it. when the threads are exposed to a bad cylinder that is receiving water/condensation the threads rust up. when you remove the plug it pulls all the threads from the head or breaks off. i would say that ski has had one hard life.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    are you saying the spark plugs are the same brand and part number? if so i would say no its not normal, however i can see why they done it. when the threads are exposed to a bad cylinder that is receiving water/condensation the threads rust up. when you remove the plug it pulls all the threads from the head or breaks off. i would say that ski has had one hard life.
    Spark plugs are the same ,the guy told me he did this because when you pull off the plug the threads in the cilinder head goes off,so if you eliminate the first 3 threads of the plug problem disapear.
    How about the IC swap!?can it work with a small IC!?

+1
    Wouldn't anti seize be easier ? Lol

That intercooler looks like it fits pretty well. maybe his oem sprung a leak and just had a yamaha cooler sitting around .. I wonder if a fizzle intercooler is more efficient than a stock 310 intercooler ?

7. +1 by:

Yes,anti seize or just any other product.
    I don't know how run with this IC,we will see.
    Are there aftermarket IC for kawa!?

+1
    looks like he removed more than 3 threads, lucky the plug even stayed in. im sure the i/c will work but it wont be ideal for best possible performance, i can also see the inlet air temp sender just tied to the hull. this will also be giving false readings. come to think of it i wouldnt trust the set up at all on a stock ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.seadoo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Spark plugs are the same ,the guy told me he did this because when you pull off the plug the threads in the cilinder head goes off,so if you eliminate the first 3 threads of the plug problem disapear.
    How about the IC swap!?can it work with a small IC!?

Thread Information