Question R&D Block off kit ripped in half while riding.

Hey guys, I got a 2011 300 and the other day while i was riding the ski started acting up. All the power is there, its when your around quarter throttle or about 4500 rpm, thats when the ski starts missing kinda. Its really hard to describe the exact noise it makes but it only does it if your holding the throttle around 4500 rpm or 25 mph. It will start out fine than just start running funny and it gets worst the longer i hold it, at one point the ski completely cut out like i hit the kill switch. As soon as i took my finger off the throttle the ski came back to life and it was fine. Idles perfect and you can't replicate the issue hooked up to the hose. When i got home and took the seat off there was smoke coming outta the engine bay (not much) which was the first time i ever seen the engine bay smoke. I looked around noticed the filter on the bov missing. I tried researching this issue and came up with nothing. I have the original hoses that were in place of those filters and was going to just bring the ski back to stock. My question is do you think that filter broke by just an act of god or do i have other issues to look for? If so what should i start to look for? I appreciate everybodys time and i thank you all for reading my post and i value everybody opinion.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	365017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	365018

+1
    Bring it back to stock get rid of that crap filter hook up the hoses and ride and report back..

+1
    if it was smoking in the hull sounds like your exhaust filter could have burned a hole in the rubber muffler coupler? or your tensioner maybe seized, or fuel filter blocked..

+1
    If it's only happening in the water and not the hose I would inspect the impeller / pump. Also what they said ^^^
    i have the filter on mine also , but I really think the extra air going back to the intake helps as it is already cooled by the intercooler ..

+1
    its a total waste of money, only good for the guys who think they are driving cool car wanting to be heard.

6. +1 by:

+1
    lol it really is a waste of $ Mate. Not going to lie , I wanted to hear it more. Hahaha.

Putting mine back soon ..

Hey guys, so I removed both them filters and put the stock hoses back on and the ski ran perfect. I have not had a chance to take it out because I been a little busy on the weekends lately so today my was my first time taking it out since it happened. I appreciate everybody's time on trying to point me in the rite direction.

Thread Information