Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Guys that have done the oil pump delete ?/ What to do with the cable linkage??

Just looking at this, what happens with the throttle cable linkage plates that are on the pump after you do away with the pump ??

Thanks John

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    What engine?

00 slx 1200

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    Just looking at this, what happens with the throttle cable linkage plates that are on the pump after you do away with the pump ??

Thanks John
    Normally I would question why you want to delete the oil pump, but setting that aside, I am not sure I understand the question.

When you physically remove the oil pump from a Polaris red engine all you would be left with hardware-wise is the short oil pump linkage cable from the carburetor rack. That cable is easily removed from its mounting on the intake manifold.

Then you need to cover the round opening in the front of the flywheel cover where the oil pump was located.

But before you do that, you must first remove the flywheel cover and extract the plastic 'drive cap' from the front end of the crank shaft. This normally is held in place by the oil pump, but with the oil pump gone there is nothing holding that cap in place.

And of course the oil tank needs to be drained and cap the outlet hole, or remove the tank entirely.

At the engine intake manifold/carburetors the oil feed nipples must be capped.

To avoid Low Oil warnings on the MFD display, disconnect the oil sender wires.

Because I am rebuilding the engine and I absolutely do not want the oil pump to fail in turn causing engine failure. The tank is already plugged/Capped, carbs will be getting vacuum nipples on them.. Flywheel and stater is off as well as the plastic gear drive for the oil pump. I needed to pull that anyway to replace the crank seal. Im aware about the block off plate that needs to go over the stator housing cover. There is a cable bracket and spring mechanism that returns the throttle cable. That all is on the oil pump, am I supposed to make a new attachment piece for those to attach to?

+1
    I'm pretty sure the cable you are referring to is not the throttle cable, but the short cable connecting the throttle drum and oil pump lever. Once you have done everything else you have described, you should be able to disconnect and remove the cable, and that should be it for oil injection pieces. The throttle and choke cables mount to the bracket cast into the intake manifold and are not connected to the oil pump in any way. Like K447, not questioning the why, but properly maintained oil injection is the bees knees for a recreational boat. Definitely will not cause engine failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    Because I am rebuilding the engine and I absolutely do not want the oil pump to fail in turn causing engine failure. The tank is already plugged/Capped, carbs will be getting vacuum nipples on them.. Flywheel and stater is off as well as the plastic gear drive for the oil pump. I needed to pull that anyway to replace the crank seal. Im aware about the block off plate that needs to go over the stator housing cover. There is a cable bracket and spring mechanism that returns the throttle cable. That all is on the oil pump, am I supposed to make a new attachment piece for those to attach to?

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    The oil injection will not fail if it is maintained properly.

If you are running premix do not allow anyone else to fuel the machine. I have seen almost as many people mess up a motor from incorrect mixing as i have seen from oil injection issues.

Oh man you have my head spinning, lol.. I like the ease of the oil injection, but the freaking tank has a leak when it wants to out of the sensor. The oil pump looks like it is a solid design.. I also like the fact that you use less oil using the pump rather then pre mix.. I just would hate to have it shit out and fry a new set up.. So most of the laris guys keep the injection ? Do you still have it ??

+1
    Yes he does. Even on his triple piped Matrix.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I have oil injection on all of my machines. The fix for the leaking sender is an o ring and a thin band hose clamp around the neck of the tank where the sender goes in. Look at my last post in my Matrix build thread on how to fix the main line if that leaks at all. I just fixed it last night and it is working perfectly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information