Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Pictures & Details of your Custom Built Air Intake

    Can any of y'all who made or modified an after market air intake for your ski post pics of intake installed? Not many pictures out there with full scope of the install or exact measurements of the equipment used. I currently have a 4 inch cone filter that's going on an aluminum pipe that doesn't fit into the bike effectively, I would really like to get the install done finally it just doesn't make sense to do it half assed though. For those of you running 90 degree elbows off of the supercharger what are you doing about or for the air sensor tube that went into the stock rubber housing? Any ideas pictures or suggestions are welcomed, thanks again for the ideas and advice in advance.

    attached are pictures of what I am working with, this would be fine asides from the air pipe is massive and the 90 degree angle can not lay on the gas tank, the only way I have got this set up to fit was straight up and forward, the cone ends up right in front of the front storage door, and to make sure it is secure I need to rig zip ties around it for stability, there has got to be a better way, the pipe was only 30 bucks so if I need to scrap it than so be it I can get a new one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150629_133557.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	364853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presentation1.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	364854  


  2. #2
    Will Willfzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    566
    +1
    65
    on my 14 FZS build thread there are pics of mine.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...231998&page=10

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    on my 14 FZS build thread there are pics of mine.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...231998&page=10
    Awesome thank you for the link, so what did you do with the hose that connected into the stock intake? not sure if I read this wrong some where but did you remove it and replace it with a small k and n filter/breather? or did you drill a hole in your pipe? I'm gonna get my pipe in tonight hopefully, it seems like mounting it to the side of the bike is key for it to fit correctly. thanks again

  4. #4
    Will Willfzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    566
    +1
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstackhouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    on my 14 FZS build thread there are pics of mine.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...231998&page=10
    Awesome thank you for the link, so what did you do with the hose that connected into the stock intake? not sure if I read this wrong some where but did you remove it and replace it with a small k and n filter/breather? or did you drill a hole in your pipe? I'm gonna get my pipe in tonight hopefully, it seems like mounting it to the side of the bike is key for it to fit correctly. thanks again
    I just got a little breather from advance auto for $10.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstackhouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    on my 14 FZS build thread there are pics of mine.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...231998&page=10
    Awesome thank you for the link, so what did you do with the hose that connected into the stock intake? not sure if I read this wrong some where but did you remove it and replace it with a small k and n filter/breather? or did you drill a hole in your pipe? I'm gonna get my pipe in tonight hopefully, it seems like mounting it to the side of the bike is key for it to fit correctly. thanks again
    I just got a little breather from advance auto for $10.
    Is the filter the one I attached below? if so did you have to get a nipple for that to connect to the tube or did u remove the tube all together and slide the breather over the little nipple on the black box? Also your pictures worked wonders, I got that bad boy in there solid. BTW that thread you posted just depressed me, you did some serious man work on your ski, I gotta long way to go lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10116503_sct_3991_pri_larg.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	364887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_053213.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	364890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_052713.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	364889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_052612.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	364888  

  6. #6
    Will Willfzs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    566
    +1
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstackhouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstackhouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfzs View Post
    on my 14 FZS build thread there are pics of mine.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...231998&page=10
    Awesome thank you for the link, so what did you do with the hose that connected into the stock intake? not sure if I read this wrong some where but did you remove it and replace it with a small k and n filter/breather? or did you drill a hole in your pipe? I'm gonna get my pipe in tonight hopefully, it seems like mounting it to the side of the bike is key for it to fit correctly. thanks again
    I just got a little breather from advance auto for $10.
    Is the filter the one I attached below? if so did you have to get a nipple for that to connect to the tube or did u remove the tube all together and slide the breather over the little nipple on the black box? Also your pictures worked wonders, I got that bad boy in there solid. BTW that thread you posted just depressed me, you did some serious man work on your ski, I gotta long way to go lol
    Just shorten the hose from the breather and clamp the breather on

  7. #7
    Alright intake on and breather on, took the ski out and the result from the intake installed is insane, I noticed instantly the boat was push water differently, when I say different I mean it's pushing out a completely visible more amount of water with much more force. It's low end power is amazing, its top end is not what I was hoping for I'm stuck at like 66 mph, but from what I am seeing here im crushing on the rev limiter. Attaching a video clip of what I mean, what's next? New ECU?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150711_121700.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	364966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150710_202622_62268-picsay.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	364965  

  8. #8
    ArslanD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    216
    +1
    8

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pictures of custom built air intakes
    By jasonstackhouse in forum Yamaha Projects & Build Threads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2015, 04:21 PM
  2. Post pics of your custom paint rxp & rxp-x
    By ModularJunk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
  3. Post Pics of your Custom Paint Job Here!
    By wreckingball in forum Yamaha Projects & Build Threads
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 06:51 AM
  4. Pics of JK's forced air intake system
    By River Girl in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 10:24 AM
  5. Pics of my fan powered air intake
    By nitro rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 03:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •