Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diy carb mod?

+1

diy carb mod?

I see skiworx advertises for a type of carb mod to the factory carbs. Is this something one can do by themselves? if so i would like to be able to do it. I bought a set of billet heads now that i got my ski working well that are 44cc's by ADA's recommendation. i dont want to run lean but rather reliably. I would like to run their flame arrestors too. ive heard that they have horrible customer service and a poor turnaround time so that also pushes me to want to do this myself. also, i want to do the stinger mod myself and have seen the post at the top of this page but would like more information on how to do the "stealth" mod myself. any advice would be great. thanks!

You wont find any information on whats done with the skiworx carb mod, stinger is very very easy to do, stealth again you wont find any information. In all honesty leave the carbs alone unless you plan on thr upgrade to a better set also leave the exhaust alone. These skis run best stock. You shouldn't have any issues with those heads.

Btw i would not advise to do business with ski worx, like you posted turn around time and customer service are pretty close to zero. Save yourself the headache and do not deal with him.

+1
    You really need to get it running before you try modding it. I've got the Stinger mod, marginal difference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    You really need to get it running before you try modding it. I've got the Stinger mod, marginal difference.
    Its running. good to go! where in texas are you located?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    You wont find any information on whats done with the skiworx carb mod, stinger is very very easy to do, stealth again you wont find any information. In all honesty leave the carbs alone unless you plan on thr upgrade to a better set also leave the exhaust alone. These skis run best stock. You shouldn't have any issues with those heads.

Btw i would not advise to do business with ski worx, like you posted turn around time and customer service are pretty close to zero. Save yourself the headache and do not deal with him.
    good advice. thank you other than ultra150.com and groupk are there any other places that do work or sell hi-pro stuff?

No not really, you can check out the forums on skiworx.com it used to be very alive and has tones of info. Johnny had a full blown race stxr that he did a write up on, why dont you check that thread out. Honestly the modifying days of the 150 are slowly come to a hault. Sad but true

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasaki_production View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Its running. good to go! where in texas are you located?
    Midland.

+1
    Avoid skiworx as other have said. His carb mod is lean on top, fast, but too lean. You can melt pistons with it. Not worth it for the minimal gains.
    I used to do a lot of stuff with skiwork, but not anymore.

Do not run flame arrestors with the stock carbs no mater what mods are done. They use vacuum to adjust the cv slides and only the stock airbox provides that. Every ultra running non stock air intakes usually have Novi or buckshot carbs on them replacing the stockers.

Read up at Group K's site. Great info on the Ultra 150.

I run a group K 1350 bb kit on my ultra with stock carbs modified for the bigger air requirements and the stock airbox. It hits hard, but top end is only a few mph more than stock.

+1
    Midland?! Where do put all those boats of yours in the water? I didn't think there was a lake anywhere near you.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasaki_production View Post
    I see skiworx advertises for a type of carb mod to the factory carbs. Is this something one can do by themselves? if so i would like to be able to do it. I bought a set of billet heads now that i got my ski working well that are 44cc's by ADA's recommendation. i dont want to run lean but rather reliably. I would like to run their flame arrestors too. ive heard that they have horrible customer service and a poor turnaround time so that also pushes me to want to do this myself. also, i want to do the stinger mod myself and have seen the post at the top of this page but would like more information on how to do the "stealth" mod myself. any advice would be great. thanks!
    There are some adjustments that can be made to the stock carbs. If you want I can message you some info on how its done. Like others have said retain the factory flame arrestor, aftermarket ones will free up some space in the hull but you will have to adjust pop-off to compensate.
    Also I will echo what others have said about skiworts, my advice would be to stay away. I had a very bad experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information