Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

My experience using the Lucky13 cone

I wanted to share my experience that ive done with this cone to be able to tell others that it is a huge gain even on a stock ski

Ive tested this cone back to back on 2 skis..

my personal rxp and a pretty much bone stock rxp then added a 127 setup to it.

2006 rxp test ski
    etech127
    42 inj
    rivagrate/wedge
    15/20 untouch
    riva rear air
    stock IC
    stock ride plate Holes not filled
    Stock 83 mm venturi

ski ran 66.8 mph full tank of fuel...gps
    added 127 and left prop without pitching . after adding the 127 rpm was 8120 and gps came up to 68.7 gps all done with a full tank on the seat

Now i added the L13 pump spacer without touching a thing. Used the supplied blue spacer and pulled the rpm back to 7980. First impression was no cavitation on the hole shot and mid range pulled more... GPS speed came up to 72.6 mph
    This all done same conditions same day same ski. This cone is worth it and gains to be given as long as you take time and dial it in. On my own ski i noticed a big increase in fuel economy in crusing speeds throwout the weekend i tested on my ski.

One thing i will say is that on a 80+ rxp i recommend the 86-87mm venturi to be safe out of the stuff factor in the pump because if you decrease pitch in the blade and add more spacers to pull revs back there isnt much room in an 83 mm left.
    On my ski im far from finishing dialing it in but so far have noticed at least a mph difference for lower rpm and i havnt touched my prop yet..ive used a red spacer and a yellow together and now just run a yellow spacer. both plus the cone dropped me 450 rpm using an 86 mm venturi. i was seeing 82 mph at 8600 and im running a 9200 reflashso ill spin 8800-8850. i will re pitch my blade and adjust accordingly to results.
    holidays are next week so results will follow.

If your on the fence about this product there is nothing to think about. out of every mod i think its a great one for many reasons and i very easy to adjust for climate changes to save you from being on the limiter... Stock or heavily modified this cone is a gain all acrossed the board. But with me being up here in Canada this cone will be good for all our climate changes without pulling the pump and pitching the blade to adjust rpm.

thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	797 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	364827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	036.jpg 
Views:	1079 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	364826  

+1
    Good write up, thanks for taking the time to do so! I have heard very good things about the Lucky 13 cone and it will be on my ski in the coming weeks.

+1
    It's worth it. Saw you doing some testing on Barrie's beach front few weeks ago

+1
    Ya Sometimes I like to go there when it is rough and burn a tank of gas.

+1
    As soon as i get my motor back in my ski Ill be putting mine on too..Ill give ya my feedback asap or as soon as Mother Nature quits pissing on us and flooding us out...

+1
    I thought Iíd add to this thread as well, as I have had some amazing results using the Lucky 13 cone. I was previously running an OE Pump and Cone with a Solas 15/21A impeller and I was getting some really bad cavitation, as an example it felt like it paused for a second and then got traction. However, since upgrading to the Riva 14 vein pump, L13 Cone with the blue spacer and a Riva 15/20R impeller thatís all gone. Itís just instant from the get go now, very impressed and very happy with the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1416.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	365519

Now I just need springs and retainers and a XXX2 supercharger, which I will be ordering shortly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-Andy View Post
    I thought I’d add to this thread as well, as I have had some amazing results using the Lucky 13 cone. I was previously running an OE Pump and Cone with a Solas 15/21A impeller and I was getting some really bad cavitation, as an example it felt like it paused for a second and then got traction. However, since upgrading to the Riva 14 vein pump, L13 Cone with the blue spacer and a Riva 15/20R impeller that’s all gone. It’s just instant from the get go now, very impressed and very happy with the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1416.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	365519

Now I just need springs and retainers and a XXX2 supercharger, which I will be ordering shortly.
    excellent. Try putting the red spacer in there with the blue and see what happends. I think you'll be surprised ! You'll be down rpm again but same speeds and even more pull . You will get your rpm back by pitching. Turn that 15/21 into a 15/19 and go from there but that would be a good start as far as pitch goes.
    im running both spacers in mine and soon will try them all installed and report results

+1
    I have a new map to test, so I can do that after the map testing to see how they perform back to back. There is also a gold spacer in the box as well, so I may take this with me for tesing as well.

Also I have been thinking about buying a 15/19R or de pitching my current 15/20R to see what differennce it makes but I dont have a pitch guage

One thing that I have tested and come the following conclusion a 15/21A was too tall for my current setup, so I have this in the box at the moment.

+1
    I will be taking pitch out of my prop and testing this week again I ran 83 mph with the gold spacer at 8600 and now with the red and blue installed both only about 79-80 at 8250-8350. I have yet to touch the prop again so we will see

i having a little problem with my L13..when i first intalled the cone i was doing good(78-77mph) and 8200 rpm that is with not spacers..now for some reason im just doing 74mph and 8080rpm and sometimes 8100rpm..i dont know what going on..i haven't touch anything and drop like that..i was inspecting the pump and cone,impeller and wearing.everything look ok..so i dont know what going on..i have the 8350 AGR reflash..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information