Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    +1
    Do you really believe that Yamaha will just grab a ski off the production line and go race it? That's like saying nascar teams use off the showroom floor cars. I'm sure everyone of " Yamaha backed" ski is gone through. Sure they meet spec but I'm sure they have been blue printed. Any serious race team will disassemble and reassemble with the utmost attention to the details. A corporation as big as Yamaha can have their chain made to their race spec material and still meet race regulations.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SVHOKidd View Post
    Do you really believe that Yamaha will just grab a ski off the production line and go race it? That's like saying nascar teams use off the showroom floor cars. I'm sure everyone of " Yamaha backed" ski is gone through. Sure they meet spec but I'm sure they have been blue printed. Any serious race team will disassemble and reassemble with the utmost attention to the details. A corporation as big as Yamaha can have their chain made to their race spec material and still meet race regulations.
    WOW your just so wrong

+1
    If you really believe Yamaha,SeaDoo or Kawasaki uses a 100% off the assembly line machine... Meeting specs doesn't mean a manufacturer or for that matter any race team can't go through and blue print a machine to get everything they can out of it...you don't know racing.

+1
    I bet this guy is french, reminds of the Canadian tourists in fla.

+1
    If you really believe Yamaha,SeaDoo or Kawasaki uses a 100% off the assembly line machine... Meeting specs doesn't mean a manufacturer or for that matter any race team can't go through and blue print a machine to get everything they can out of it...you don't know racing.
    Trust me, the guy you're talking to there has been around the block a few times and Rocketman knows racing.

+1
    thats some funny stuff I need to go see this racer only production line at Yamaha

7. +1 by:

+1
    sounds like he is hating on the yamahas for self gratification, seadoo owners....almost like being closet gay.... just admit it dude you love yamaha deep down.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I wouldent buy a new one right now.....free Yes warranty wonder how many chains one will go through in a 5yr peroid lol

+1
    how many chains and how many engine rebuilts would happen after 5 year? thats what worries me.
    shit if its just the chain that breaks with out taking anything else, ill say fuck it. But it takes a rebuilt after it.
    i should have just bought an rxr-x and replace the few parts that wrong with it and added a bilge pump. i would have been worry free.

+1
    your very wrong, every Deans Tean ski that raced the world finals in havasu in october was a standard production ski, i worked on them, doing the allowed mods for the class they were in for weeks, loaded them up, them worked on them every night to ensure they were ready for the next day, the aquaX skis are bone stock, they are picked at at dealerships and prepped for the race, same goes for the pro water cross skis. even the limited skis we run on open class are absolutely stock motor, head etc, limited and open ski get chargers and ECUs, but the lower end, rods, pistons, heads, cams and timing chains are production, maybe you should spend a few weeks prepping for a major race before you spout off at the mouth. i'm not talking full open skis, but limited and stock class skis are the same ski you buy from the local dealership.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information