Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

97 seadoo gti slowing down/

when riding on the river and holding wide open for a length of time the ski will all the sudden lose some power and slow about 3/4 mph and when you slow way down and take off its slow to respond. It seems after you sit for a while everything is normal again. It s almost like its heating up. Today im going to do a comp test and then replace all those grey lines everyone talks about and clean the carb out to see if that helps it. Any ideas? thanks

+1
    It's starving for fuel. You probably still have original grey fuel lines and a crapped up fuel system. Clean carbs, clean fuel switch internals, replace supply lines.

I just found that tread im heading out to take it apart now i hope thats it. thanks

no crud found anywhere so far.took the carb apart that little strainer was about 1/3 rd full of crud. but thats it in the whole system. all new lines are in.
    Last edited by hardass; 07-08-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Take it for a ride after u clean it. If problem still exists try releaseing pressure on fuel tank by opening filler cap. Then take off again.

will do the vent line back flow valve seems to be working good bt ill try that if it persists. thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hardass View Post
    no crud found anywhere so far.took the carb apart that little strainer was about 1/3 rd full of crud. but thats it in the whole system. all new lines are in.
    It resides inside the fuel fittings that the line attaches to. I scrape it out with a tiny screwdriver first then use carb cleaner on a Q-TIP to finish cleaning it out. Then blow cleaner from the carb internal out through those fittings. Fuel selector switch too.

I did all that and went to the river it ran fine for about a mile or so and died on me which it has never done that before. It was acting like it wasnt even firing my buddy had a used set of plugs we put in and it fired right up but would die i made it back by floating and starting it untill it would not fire again. I must have something fouled up in the carb/pump. first ill see if its pumping fuel if so ill take the carb apart again and see what i find.It seems to me its getting way to much fuel now the plugs were soaked.

Ok went through everything again it will only run for maybe 1/2 mile then just dies but will refire after sitting for a bit so im lost at this point. compression is 135/ each cylinder new plugs and battery.All new fuel lines Carb rebuilt selector valve cleaned. if it was a sled i would suspect a stater? any more ideas? its starting to get frustrating.

+1
    Clip the plug wires back a 1/4 inch or so

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information