Ultra 250x problem HELP

2008 ultra 250. 120 hours. Mods are intake, exhaust, riva plate, bov block off plate, and programmable computer. Over the weekend I had a problem with a metal rattling sound and wouldn't start. I pulled the pump housing and there is nothing stuck or jamming. Motor turns but barely. Could it be bottom end ??? Help!

+1
    seized s/c?, remove the cover and check if the belt turns, better still loosen it off and try to hit starter

3. +1 by:

Hello, I am sportsallstar035's buddy. This is my Jet Ski.(I was unable to post due to new member status) It was around 40 mph a slight metal rattling noise was spotted. Like a screw was loose type of sound. So remaining at 40 mph the noise stayed the same. At lower rpm the noise began to get louder. So I got back up to speed and it was more quiet. So I quickly went back to shore. As I was idling back to shore. The sound became louder and more abnoxious to the point it cut out on its own. I tried to start it back up. It would not turn at all. A few days later I pulled the jet pump assembly out and started it resulting in the video you see above. I am stumped. With the pump pulled there is a slight turn where there was none on the day of the incident. I pulled plugs and checked to make sure there was compression in each cylinder. Was showing signs. Poured little oil in each cylinder to see if oil would take. It did.

Perfect, I will check that tomorrow after work. In the meantime any other slight thoughts anyone might have are helpful as I will follow up tomorrow.
    Last edited by LessThanFi<e; 07-07-2015 at 09:48 PM.

+1
    sounds like the s/c seized, but if you are playing with a programmable ecu i hope you havent fried it.

+1
    Did you check the pump bearings? You may have Destroyed the engine thrust Bearings . 08 are known to do that.

Sounds identical to what happened to mine. Disconnect the supercharger belt and see if it'll turn.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    seized s/c?, remove the cover and check if the belt turns, better still loosen it off and try to hit starter
    Hello, Sorry for the delayed update...but here it goes. I pulled the SC and the motor cranked over perfectly. So I new the issue was in the charger. I pulled the charger apart to find the following...Is this salvageable?

If not, what are my options? Assuming the coating on the rotors are timed to the housing, rebuilding them seems sketchy. And because they are timed, I assume you can't just replace them. Is there anyway to clean them up and still run the ski with optimal power. Or am I shooting myself in the foot, man up and get a new charger. Let me know, Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2449.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	365754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2450.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	365755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2451.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	365756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2452.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	365757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	365758

+1
    its toasted however someone maybe recoating them nowdays, i guess you need to do a little searching if you go down that path.

Thread Information