waveraider quitting

.My 1995 701 waveraider runs fine on the hose and for about 1/2 hour in the water it runs like it should, but then starts running irratic and then finally quits. It has done this each time I have tried to use it this summer. Let it sit for a day and it starts right up and does the same thing again. Anyone have an answer as to what can be causing this to happen? Fuel is fresh and plugs are new. Any ideas as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated .

When we're carbs rebuilt last? Is it watering fine? Check for blockages in cooling system. That's a easy place to start.

+1
    Check the compression, the engine could be lean seizing

If you don't have a gauge O Reilly rents them for a deposit and full deposit return after return of gauge with in 48 hrs. I did this, I did not feel the need of owning one.

Check the petcock run it on reserve see if runs better they can get clogged from sitting up and then running fuel thru them I just had to replace mine on my blaster

Quote Originally Posted by iliketattoos88 View Post
    Check the petcock run it on reserve see if runs better they can get clogged from sitting up and then running fuel thru them I just had to replace mine on my blaster
    I don't think it's fuel because it runs fine for about 1/2 an hour, compression reads 140 and 142. water is flowing from the pisser, but it seems like something gets hot from operation and then it quits. Let it set a while and it runs ok for a while and then quits again. I'm wondering if something electrical can be crapping out, but don't know what it would be. Anybody have any ideas on this, it is driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

What about a temp sensor

+1

waveraider quitting

Gas tank isn't venting? Crack open the gas cap and see if relieves a huge vacuum on the the tank.

Thread Information