Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Going to try to network a solution to our ECU issues.

If my train of thought is correct here. All we need is a computer guru, a little jack, and some time with a person smarter than we are at computing/code! Just setting this fought out there. Imagine being able to read all of our codes without having to fall prey to the D/W diagnostic software. My dream is to be able to hook up to our ECU's and pull code off our tablets and computers. Hypothetically, taking a Ecu copying the parameters for normal operation then rewriting the trouble code in an accessible format to read on our PC's would be sweet. It may be a pipe dream but I am willing to network to take a stab at it. After reading how theses 7.4.4 Bosch ECU's are used throughout the automobile industry, there has to be a solution or starting point to recode the parameters to run/diagnose these Weber motors. Hope I am not dreaming to big here. I understand Desparado has done a re flash work. Why did he fail to pull the diagnostic code and re write it to announce on OBDII
    Last edited by Mike Greenwood; 07-07-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Corrected obd2

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I think he did come up with a way to use an OBDII scanner. I dony remember exactly how though.

+1
    I would be interested in whatever you get figured out. It kills me that someone knows all we need to do this but won't tell anyone, And we give him all his business.....

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    If you want to dog into this, go back and read the old threads where Desperado posted comments on some of the unusual aspects of the Bosch ECU as used in the Polaris MSX.

I recall at one point he did offer for sale a third party ODB II interface/device, but it turned out that it did not work consistently with the ME7.4.4 Motronic Weber Bosch Polaris ECU, some sort of differences or inconsistencies.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1514749

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    ... The ME7.4.4 ECU uses the same OBDII protocol as all the automotive Bosch Motronic ECU's. The only challenge is to build a custom OBDII adaptor that will fit into the Polaris 4 pin socket. The K-Line output line will flow serial data streams just like any car application does.
    The snowmobile guys have done work in this regard, but the snowmobile engines are not quite 100% the same as the watercraft versions.

Regarding the work that Desperado put into the watercraft version of the Bosch ECU;

... It took me nearly 8 months to achieve full decoding of the ME7.4.4 ECU Eeprom memory and assemble hex code into relevant maps.

I have also developed the required serial communication protocol and checksum recalculation to safely reflash these ECU's with custom tuned maps. I also did the same thing with the M7.4.4 ECU which is used on the same engine but for the snowmobile application ...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ol#post1016357

... The main difference between the two systems is the fact the M version of the Bosch Motronic ECU utilizes a mechanical throttle body instead of the electronic throttle body used with the ME version [MSX watercraft]...
    .. The only way to retrieve codes on the ME7.4.4 ECU is to use Polaris Digital Wrench. Note that the ECU is OBDII compliant, but the serial communication plug is different from OBDII and the code read protocol is likely different from the automotive industry. The codes themselves are the same as in the automotive industry and can be retreived and crossed reference using standard "P" definitions......
    Last edited by K447; 07-07-2015 at 08:49 AM.

+1
    Guys why start another thread? (Can these posts be moved please?)

There is already an active discussion in this thread here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234627

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Guys why start another thread? (Can these posts be moved please?)

There is already an active discussion in this thread here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234627
    Hmmm, looks like one thread is looking to do a reflash to clear out bad adaptation data, another thread is looking for OBD II diagnostics connection methods.

ODB II connection is related to being able to reflash, but is not the same thing.

How do you guys want to have this organized?

+1
    The intent of the other thread was to include ALL aspects of reflashing (maps, adaptation data, etc). Currently the main flash (that is believed to contain the map data) cannot be read, but the other smaller flash can be. My vote is to have one thread (the first one) that discusses all aspects of a DIY reflash.

EDIT: Maybe I was too hasty This thread is referring to OBDII (DW-type) diagnostics. But there is a already multi-page thread discussing OBDII type diagnostics.

+1
    I think since these two op are in different parts of the country, I think, maybe let them run seperatly? They at least have different sources.

+1
    Its an international problem, with international participants

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information