2008 rxp hi 12 volt and throttle/bog down issues

Hello,

I keep receiving an error alarm for a hi 12volt. Did some research and everyone seems to agree its the regulator. As soon as I give it some Throttle and the hi 12 v comes on. Other people have said that this can lead to major issues. When I noticed the alarm I also noticed my jetski was having an issue when I let off the throttle (dosnt matter how much i give it) the jetski seems to bog down to around 900 rpms then come back up to a normal idile (similar to it sounding like its going to stall but then recovers). This seems to happen every time I give it some throttle Did the hi 12 volt cause damage to something else or is this a normal response when the regulator goes bad ?

+1
    get the voltage under control first
    look for damage to the reg connectors
    then worry about a rough idle

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    get the voltage under control first
    look for damage to the reg connectors
    then worry about a rough idle

Is it the voltage regulator that is bad or the voltage rectifier that is bad ?

+1
    welcome to the GH
    there is only one part that you can change
    it is up front bolted to the plastic intake tube

okay thanks I will give it a shot.. hopefully there is not more damage...

I just went through the same issue. Replaced the regulator and put a new battery in to fix the problem. Hope this helps!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ixa1929 View Post
    Hello,

Did the hi 12 volt cause damage to something else or is this a normal response when the regulator goes bad ?
    if you don't change that regulator before you run the engine again, the 12v hi condition is likely to do some major damage to your wallet.

Check your battery a indicated, extended overcharging will ruin most batteries, part of the price of a bad regulator. Regulator went out in my ford truck..the following week I was replacing a rather expensive battery.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ixa1929 View Post
    Hello,

Did the hi 12 volt cause damage to something else or is this a normal response when the regulator goes bad ?
    if you don't change that regulator before you run the engine again, the 12v hi condition is likely to do some major damage to your wallet.

Check your battery a indicated, extended overcharging will ruin most batteries, part of the price of a bad regulator. Regulator went out in my ford truck..the following week I was replacing a rather expensive battery.

So I changed it out for a new one. Seems to have fixed the idle problem and high voltage problem . It does not appear I need a new battery. But now I have an error code P0344 for the cam phase sensor missing. It shows up every now and then after start up sometimes its there sometimes its not ? does anyone have a picture of the location of the sensor ? I thought they may have unplugged it last year when I had the supercharger rebuilt because the light came on after I started it up. Do you guys think its safe to ride ? Im not having the rough idle problems any more and it seems to be running just fine just the sensor alarm keeps going off. Talked to the local shop and he said he rarley sees a broken sensor its usually a sheered flywheel so not sure what i should do...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the problem might be the cps sensor located on the flywheel housing, ohm it out, inspect it and then, if the error is really annoying replace it. Vibration kills em on almost every ski eventually.

I rode it last week and the regulator actually melted through the intake box.... lucky it didnt melt into the gas tank. But I took it to a local shop and he thinks the flywheel bolts are sheering that's causing the stator to go bad which caused my regulator to melt. Hopefully its not to expensive to fix that. He was saying I could have a timing chain issue or it could have affected the cam shaft.

Thread Information