Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

water in the hull now I get these error codes

Ok, so last week my son took out our 04'rxp on a nearby river.

The intake grate was missing, but I told him he could take it for the day and ride it. What
    I did not know at the time was without the front grate bolt in, water would enter the hull, which it did.

So he calls me from the river and says "dad, the hull has lots of water in it, and it is beeping when I put the lanyard in. The normal three short beeps, then a really long beep. But then it starts right up and runs fine. THere is a "Check engine " indication on the display.

So we get it back home on the trailer and now it wont start at all. It cranks like there is no tomorrow, but it will not fire. All the dealers around here are 2.5 weeks out from looking at our ski.

I talked a dealer into hooking the ski up to buds and at least getting the codes off the laptop.

Here are the codes
    P0231 "fuel pump open circuit or shorted to ground (Active code)
    P0520 "oil pressure switch functional problem (Active code)
    P0463 "Fuel level sensor circuit voltage high (Not active, happened sometime in the past)

I thanked him and brought the ski back to the garage.

I got to thinking, with all that water sloshing around in the hull for a half day on the river, maybe water got into one or more connections. I pulled every plug apart, inspected for water intrusion, sprayed a small amount of brake cleaner in the female side, and took compressed air and dried off every plug I could see near the engine and up front at the fuel pump and up in the fuse area.

None of that changed anything.............

Does anybody have any advice of what I can check or spray out, or replace or?

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for a 04' RXP?

Help!!!

I am up at our cabin and I have to go down a few cabins to get an internet connection, so I will check back and see if you experts have some advice for me.

Or if you are feeling the love, you can call my cell at 651-472-3345. Ask for Jeff......

Thanks

Jeff C

+1
    riding with missing intake grate is asking for expensive shoe (pump support) damage
    check fuel psi most skis have a shrader valve on the fuel line to add a gauge
    or listen for the fuel pump running/ squealing
    oil psi switch is a common to fail but check oil to be sure no water contamination (oil filter collapse)

3. +1 by:

K10

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    riding with missing intake grate is asking for expensive shoe (pump support) damage
    check fuel psi most skis have a shrader valve on the fuel line to add a gauge
    or listen for the fuel pump running/ squealing
    oil psi switch is a common to fail but check oil to be sure no water contamination (oil filter collapse)
    Chris

I replaced the grate and there is one on there now.

Checked oil and there is no water in it. Oil level is spot on.

I don't have a fuel pressure tester, but I think I could put the lanyard in listen for the fuel pump to pressurize and then take that shader valve cap off and press the valve down real quick to see if there is at least some pressure getting to the fuel rail.

I think one of these faults is telling the ecu to not let the engine fire.

Does anyone know where the oil pressure sensor is located on the engine?

+1
    oil switch is near the oil filter

+1
    Jeff, the 04 rxp will tell you the fault codes. just press the SET button 5x and the codes display.
    Check your fuses.

Attached an '05 diagram. It is the same as your machine.

Did you pull the connectors on the MPEM and blow them out and use some electrical / contact cleaner? If you can find some, DeOxit is awesome stuff -- http://www.caig.com/
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    mpem plugs almost always get water in them and rot the pins off the mpem

+1
    I see where the mpem is. I checked all the connections and all are fine...............

Hmmmm
    Last edited by Jeff C; 07-08-2015 at 01:25 PM.

+1
    I had a jetski 08 rxp-x go 3/4 under water. This is what i recommend doing to not have anymore damage and the dealer told me i saved a lot of money from further damage.

Open up every compartment and take out your removable hall buckets
    Disconnect all wiring harness'es that may have gotten water, and battery. Take fans and hair dryer to all electronic parts and slowly dry them.
    Put it all back together, but keep a floor fan or blower above the hull with your seat off to keep air flow moving around in that hull
    Pull your plugs out of the block and the ignition tips on the plugs disconnect them so they don't spark.
    Dry fire your engine, if you do this and see water shooting out like the water shooters in ground at theme parks that kids try to catch, you have serious problem. There's a lot of water in that block and you need to do a boil out procedure. Your oil pressure switches could be bad now too. But dry everything as much as possible and get that water out, water will begin to rust in the block if you don't dry fire it enough to get the water out and lube the pistons. Get as much out as possible. Do this every few minutes. The biggest thing in between doing these dry fires is drying all electronic components with hair dryer and air compressor
    Mainly get air moving around in the hull, floor fan or blower, something with air flow to keep that water from sitting and drying. Rust and faulty electronics is the biggest thing right now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonup View Post
    I had a jetski 08 rxp-x go 3/4 under water. This is what i recommend doing to not have anymore damage and the dealer told me i saved a lot of money from further damage.

Open up every compartment and take out your removable hall buckets
    Disconnect all wiring harness'es that may have gotten water, and battery. Take fans and hair dryer to all electronic parts and slowly dry them.
    Put it all back together, but keep a floor fan or blower above the hull with your seat off to keep air flow moving around in that hull
    Pull your plugs out of the block and the ignition tips on the plugs disconnect them so they don't spark.
    Dry fire your engine, if you do this and see water shooting out like the water shooters in ground at theme parks that kids try to catch, you have serious problem. There's a lot of water in that block and you need to do a boil out procedure. Your oil pressure switches could be bad now too. But dry everything as much as possible and get that water out, water will begin to rust in the block if you don't dry fire it enough to get the water out and lube the pistons. Get as much out as possible. Do this every few minutes. The biggest thing in between doing these dry fires is drying all electronic components with hair dryer and air compressor
    Mainly get air moving around in the hull, floor fan or blower, something with air flow to keep that water from sitting and drying. Rust and faulty electronics is the biggest thing right now.
    You forgot the most important step. Remove and drain the intake manifold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information