+1

overheat/check engine

so yesterday i was on the water with my ski and a friends boat. Great day on the water, ski ran great, everyone was having a lot of fun. I go to bring the ski back to the ramp and as im waiting for someone to finish up there i look behind my ski and see a ton of mud floating in the water so i kill the ski immediately. wait for the person to be done and try to start it to get over there..starts moving slow as a snail i get halfway to the ramp and i get an overheat warning and a check engine light so i kill it again. go to try one more time to get it on the trailer and it wouldnt move at all.. so i get off the ski realize im literally in mud at the moment push the ski all the way to the ramp and tie it up on the trailer to pull out and find a good size log in the intake grate so i pull it out then get it home. i put the hose on to flush it and i see all the nasty ass muck coming out of it and a slight rattling noise. i kill it..look at it..start cursing... then decide to flush it again. this time the rattlings worse i give it a quick rev and i hear a big crack bang and the ski starts running better but i kill it again... look on the ground and find a few decently small rocks cut in pieces. now my minds just going a mile a minute thinking where this rock was and what it could have damaged as im washing all the salt off..my dads in the background yelling that i blew it up and i need to fix it for vacation next month yada yada.. so needless to say the cursing continues. once i had it all washed up i decide to flush it again and the ski was running beautiful, all my lights went off and the ski sounded good as new with a few blips of the throttle. now i feel great because it doesnt seem as catastrophic but i feel that there could still be some type of damage. im dropping it in the deleware after work to see if everythings back to running right but wanted to hear some thoughts from the experienced since this is my first ski. EDIT:14 rxpx with 7 hours...

+1
    Sheesh, sorry to hear about your troubles! More than likely you'll need a wear ring after that episode. Any water in the hull? Sounds like you got the water flowing again.

+1
    no water in the hull and like i said the ski seems to be running just as good as before. Any tips for what I should be looking for when i put it in the water later to see how it does? is it possible that theres no damage from that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonygazz View Post
    no water in the hull and like i said the ski seems to be running just as good as before. Any tips for what I should be looking for when i put it in the water later to see how it does? is it possible that theres no damage from that?
    Have the temp dislpayed on the dash and keep an eye on it, should stay around 190. If the ski cavitates, then you know you'll need a wear ring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Have the temp dislpayed on the dash and keep an eye on it, should stay around 190. If the ski cavitates, then you know you'll need a wear ring.
    alright i'll do all that, if it isnt right your the first on my list to take a look at it lol. how much cavitation is too much though, the ski always seems to have a little bit at certain low speeds then once you get moving it pops up and hauls A

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    alright i'll do all that, if it isnt right your the first on my list to take a look at it lol. how much cavitation is too much though, the ski always seems to have a little bit at certain low speeds then once you get moving it pops up and hauls A
    Stock skis shouldn't have any cavatation IMO. keep me posted on your post ride results.

+1
    will do

Thread Information