Thread: Panicking!!

+1

Panicking!!

Hi,

fitted my my new clutch in 09 fzr, did all the service manual said but when I poured oil in my pump and then went to fit it most came out, did it again same thing so I fitted anyway put the sc back together torqued all up filled up the oil and then cranked it over a few times, then took it to the slip put it in the sea on the trailer and ran it up for 5-10 mins no funny noises and no warning lights.

im just panicking that the oil that came out could cause damage to oil pump when I give it a test run, the last thing I want is to blow the pump/engine/new clutch.

am I just thinking to much into this??

+1
    So you removed the filler plug on the SC,filled with oil and the oil ran out? I believe that is just to initially to lube the bearings. When in doubt pull the wires off the coils or injectors and crank it a few seconds to prime the system.

+1
    The SC is pressure feed off the oiling system. You remember seeing the ring on the SC mounting flange seal?,pressure port.

+1
    I did remove the bolt on top of the sc and put some oil in there and no oil didn't run out, I filled the oil pump off the motor like the manual says and as I put it on the motor some ran out. I think I'm just panicking as when it was running on the trailer I had no warning lights or anything

+1
    Did you make sure the rubber gasket between SC and block was seated properly?

+1
    If the oil pump wasn't replaced I wouldn't worry about it. I just replaced the timing chain in my 14 FZR. I just left the spark plugs out and cranked it for about 10 seconds to prime the system. Didn't have a warning light or horn go off as I started the engine.

+1
    Yes gasket was sealed properly, like I said panicking don't want to seize the motor

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog View Post
    Yes gasket was sealed properly, like I said panicking don't want to seize the motor
    Sounds like you where trying to prime you oil pump, kudos but ya it just runs out of the pump when you put it on. Won't be a problem in Your case. even a new pump the best you can do is is fill it and spin it by hand to get everything lubed up, but as soon as you install it on its side the oil flows out.

+1
    manual says... to fill oil pump with new oil and check proper oil pump function turning oil pump gear.
    you did it.
    now when you take in hand oil pump, and move it to the engine to fit in right position,
    most of oil came out. it's normal.

+1
    Don't sweat it. Even though Yamaha manuals are a wealth of information, some of it leaves me wondering what they were smoking.

Thread Information