Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Dustywar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bulverde, Tx
    Posts
    25
    +1
    4

    My Sparks dont like RoCks!

    We headed down the river again today and decided to pull up to a rocky island. Well, neither one of us killed the seadoos fast enough and sucked up some big and small rocks. We blew out both wear rings and had to limp back to the boat ramp. About half way back some people were nice enough to tow us the last mile. Good thing I ordered extra wear rings when I bought the sparks. I removed and replaced both wear rings. I filed down both impellers they had some pretty big dings. I will have to take them out tomorrow and see how they run. Note to self, STAY Away From Rocks! I have a video of me replacing wear rings I will upload later.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wearring.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	364218


  2. #2
    JohnSWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    158
    +1
    25
    Also, if you enter really shallow water - pull the cord. The IBR bucket won't drop down then and risking to hit the bottom...

  3. #3
    Ramps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Myakka, FL
    Posts
    767
    +1
    35
    That sucks, Dustywar
    I make it a habbit of just pulling the cord every time I come to shore. But I have to say that the one thing I see the most in my area are people riding their skis almost right to the beach and then turning off. Two foot of water=unplug... I look forward to the video, in the near future I am going with stainless ring.....

  4. #4
    Dustywar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bulverde, Tx
    Posts
    25
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    That sucks, Dustywar
    I make it a habbit of just pulling the cord every time I come to shore. But I have to say that the one thing I see the most in my area are people riding their skis almost right to the beach and then turning off. Two foot of water=unplug... I look forward to the video, in the near future I am going with stainless ring.....
    Yep, I'm going to make sure to tell everyone i ride with to unplug. I think the plastic rings probably saved my impeller and possibly from damaging anything else. Im assuming they are designed to break apart like that to prevent further damage of the seadoo.

  5. #5
    Dustywar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bulverde, Tx
    Posts
    25
    +1
    4

  6. #6
    dolson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    642
    +1
    86
    I have three skis on the beach my rules at least knee deep and push off or be pushed off. on the way in just kill it early and float in if there new I'll go out and pull them in much cheaper

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustywar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    That sucks, Dustywar
    I make it a habbit of just pulling the cord every time I come to shore. But I have to say that the one thing I see the most in my area are people riding their skis almost right to the beach and then turning off. Two foot of water=unplug... I look forward to the video, in the near future I am going with stainless ring.....
    Yep, I'm going to make sure to tell everyone i ride with to unplug. I think the plastic rings probably saved my impeller and possibly from damaging anything else. Im assuming they are designed to break apart like that to prevent further damage of the seadoo.

    You're probably right about the ring failing as the "sacrificial component" and thus not causing minimal damages elsewhere. Any way you look at it, there has to be some type of fusible link of sorts to save the more expensive stuff from breaking instead!

    But BRP does have a stainless wear ring for the Spark if anyone would want it -- pn. 295100649

    BTW, thanks for the "what not to do" vid!

  8. #8
    Dustywar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bulverde, Tx
    Posts
    25
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by K10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustywar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    That sucks, Dustywar
    I make it a habbit of just pulling the cord every time I come to shore. But I have to say that the one thing I see the most in my area are people riding their skis almost right to the beach and then turning off. Two foot of water=unplug... I look forward to the video, in the near future I am going with stainless ring.....
    Yep, I'm going to make sure to tell everyone i ride with to unplug. I think the plastic rings probably saved my impeller and possibly from damaging anything else. Im assuming they are designed to break apart like that to prevent further damage of the seadoo.

    You're probably right about the ring failing as the "sacrificial component" and thus not causing minimal damages elsewhere. Any way you look at it, there has to be some type of fusible link of sorts to save the more expensive stuff from breaking instead!

    But BRP does have a stainless wear ring for the Spark if anyone would want it -- pn. 295100649

    BTW, thanks for the "what not to do" vid!
    Haha... no problem!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:45 PM
  2. my ski runs like a turd
    By rwells173 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 06:17 AM
  3. My Ski Dont Stay Down....
    By Boosteda4tq in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
  5. no wonder my ski ran like ass
    By mxl16 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •