+1

Converting storage area into a cooler?

Have there been any great success stories of converting the front storage area to a cooler? If so, will you post a picture and description. The other question regarding stowage is this. Why do the manufactures of these machines describe under seat storage? Is it to describe cubic area of the engine compartment? Or is there usable storage area under the seat? I'm confused here.

+1
    I can not comment on the cooler part, but as far as under seat storage, some models of the skis did come with a storage bin that would be under the rear part of the seat.

Hard for me to recall them off hand but for sure the 98 SLXH 99-01 SLX, Virage, there are im sure more i just cant recall them.
    Last edited by K447; 07-02-2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: bin

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Genesis (all years?) and Virage both have separate storage buckets under the rear portion of the seat, which is accessible while sitting on the main seat section. These rear seat storage buckets are modest inside, much smaller than the front storage area.

On the MSX hulls the seat is one piece and the upper deck tapers forward from the rear platform, so there is little room for under seat storage and no reasonable way to get under the seat while on the water.

There are a number of strap on external pouches and saddle bags designs that have been sold over the years. Polaris sold a few variations. Some people have constructed external racks for the rear deck or directly strapped a cooler to the rear deck. One caveat with obstructing the rear deck is being able to re board in deep water, depends on your personal body mobility and the watercraft model whether you can re board from the side.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greenwood View Post
    Have there been any great success stories of converting the front storage area to a cooler? If so, will you post a picture and description. The other question regarding stowage is this. Why do the manufactures of these machines describe under seat storage? Is it to describe cubic area of the engine compartment? Or is there usable storage area under the seat? I'm confused here.
    You could always line the black front bucket with some foil faced insulation, put a black trashbag in there, then fill it with ice...and beer...erm....soda!

I like pipes. I love boost Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    How about just a cooler bag and drop it into the storage bucket?

+1
    Kinda where we are right now. Just wanted to see a representation of people's uses for that area.

Thread Information