+1

Question When Running Ski on the Hose...

So I have a question around what's "normal" when running my 300x on the hose;

Here is what I did/seeing:

1) Connect ski to the hose (water off)
    2) Turn the ski on (then water on)
    3) I am Seeing water exiting the exhaust (ok), pump nozzle (ok), and large amount of water steady mini waterfall like ) coming from in front of the intake grate?

I know this sounds odd, but conditions in northeast rivers have been so bad haven't been out this year and forget if this is normal? My dealer at end of season pulled and inspected pump, re torqued impellor as he normally does with no issues...

Maybe this long without riding is making me go nuts...

+1
    Sounds normal to me. Also check the pisser in the starboard side bow area to be sure water is coming out there. You will see a varying about depending on garden hose pressure and what incline the ski is on(I've found anyway). And don't forget to turn the water off and give a few throttle taps to get the water out of the water box, then shut er down.

And for the love of God please spray the engine down with some sort of lubricant. Fluid film is popular, as is WD and many others. Just something as I've seen way too many skis for sale on craigslist that have rusty bolt heads and other corrosion. Just unnecessary.....

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    Sounds normal to me. Also check the pisser in the starboard side bow area to be sure water is coming out there. You will see a varying about depending on garden hose pressure and what incline the ski is on(I've found anyway). And don't forget to turn the water off and give a few throttle taps to get the water out of the water box, then shut er down.

And for the love of God please spray the engine down with some sort of lubricant. Fluid film is popular, as is WD and many others. Just something as I've seen way too many skis for sale on craigslist that have rusty bolt heads and other corrosion. Just unnecessary.....

Thanks for confirming. And yes I use a product made by Blaster called Corrosion Stop, works awesome!

http://blastercorp.com/Corrosion_Stop.html

+1
    I never tried that stuff, how do you like it? Does it leave a film and does that film easily come off when you wash down the motor? I do like the Fluid Film, but it's expensive, smells like dead sheep(true story, it's lanolin) and comes off easy...

CRC 6-56 is awesome anti-corrosion lube. Fluid Film is some weird smelling plant oil, but it does stick in place longer. The CRC will get washed away, so I do it almost every time before I hit the water. WD-40 is known to harm certain rubber and plastics. I can tell you for a fact that it ruined the rubber o-rings on my RC truck carb. It made them swell so bad I had to replace them when I sprayed the carb and let it sit for only about 10 minutes.

+1
    I've got a can of repsol silicone spray, holy cow does this stuff smell good. Seems to work good. Not tacky but good coverage. Little pricey.

+1
    The MSDS for Fluid Film does list a petroleum, but it also lists Wool Wax in it's technical data sheet. That's why I said dead sheep but Lanolin is a wax secreted from the skin on wool bearing animals, aka sheep...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanolin

9. +1 by:

Thread Information