2007 fxho , water in hull & oil leak HELP VIRGINIA

Hey guys. I always have a little water in hull after every day out. I usually just pump it out(2-4+ qts) , also have a slow oil leak on oil container. I am more than capable of fixing oil leak but ibdont know where to begin on how to find where waters coming in . Is there any respectable shops in Virginia. Also like to have some additional parts installed. What would it take to run. 64-65mph

+1
    Put the ski on the trailer, fill the inside of the hull with a couple inches of water, climb under ski and trace where it is leaking out. Be careful not to put too much water in it.

A Jim's cut plate, exhaust, power filter, prop and grate would get you into the low to mid 60's. Not sure how far into the 60's though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rrryyyaaannn87 View Post
    Hey guys. I always have a little water in hull after every day out. I usually just pump it out(2-4+ qts) , also have a slow oil leak on oil container. I am more than capable of fixing oil leak but ibdont know where to begin on how to find where waters coming in . Is there any respectable shops in Virginia. Also like to have some additional parts installed. What would it take to run. 64-65mph
    Where in Va are you?

Also check all the hoses/connectors. I had a cracked plastic fitting on one of the hoses near the bilge pump that was putting water in the hull.

+1
    Also check that all exhaust clamps & connections are tight, especially on the plastic parts after the water box....they can loosen up & let water into the hull. I also have seen a small crack in the L/H pilot outlet hose where it joins to the exhaust elbow........worth checking.

Thanks guys, will do ! I'm in king William va . Usually ride the Mattaponi, York, and rappahanock. I let my friends take ski out this weekend. 8 years old without a scratch or flaw and they managed to beat it up in 30 minutes with a wake board

ohhhh thats such a horrible idea, Im so sorry for you. NEVER ever let your friends take your ski out. I cant begin to explain how many friendships have been ruined over this...Just say no...period

Lol, yeah I'd never let it ruin a friendship but it's definitely upsetting. Iv had them flip my quads in the past but the ski for some reason is a little more upsetting

you dont have a choice, much like a car accident, when it happens it happen. Friends usually have no idea nor do they care about your equipment. Sort of why you ski doesnt run....

i have been doing skis in the keys for 10 years and have had countless friends try and get the hookup on skis, it almost always turns bad. Not only will the cancel on you in a second notice but they will also not take care of your shit. Trust me...never ever let your ski out of your sight, unless you have a security deposit, even then if you arent sitting on it, you are probably too far away.

i like that "not sitting on it too far away " lol, well said

Thread Information