97 gtx broken throttle cable clip on Vacation!

Ugh so I replaced the starter and beeper on my 97gtx and took her for a drive only to notice it starts but idles at 3k rpm. After further inspection the black plastic clip that slides into the throttle lever on the right hand side:handle has broken so the 2nd side of it is free floating.

Anyone have any dyi fixes for it? I already had to have a starter sent overnight since sbt sent me the wrong part number to begin with. I'm trying to glue it at the moment but don't think it will hold.

There is a black clip that slides into a bracket but it broke right in the middle so one piece is on each side of the clip. I know a replace cable would be ideal but I'm on vacation and really just want to enjoy this for once while I am here. Considering trying a plastic weld if superglue won't hold.

Super glue gel did the trick for now lol. Ill work on finding a used cable replacement after vacation. The set screw also dosnt thread into the plastic handle anymore as its been removed/reinstalled too many times. Ill need to find one of those as well.

+1
    I think I have drilled 2 small holes and ran a tie wrap through them to hold the throttle cable in place. its been a long time, but I remember doing something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    I think I have drilled 2 small holes and ran a tie wrap through them to hold the throttle cable in place. its been a long time, but I remember doing something like this.

haha I thought about doing that as well. If the glue dosnt hold i will try that as well, thanks!

Thread Information