Thread: vxr upgrade?

vxr upgrade?

I have a couple vx cruisers and while good for the wife and doughter its not cutting it for me. My question is will the vxr feel the same just more hp? Am I better to look towards an f series? I ride small northern lakes at times but alot on lake Erie and Ontario..

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yammieguy View Post
    I have a couple vx cruisers and while good for the wife and doughter its not cutting it for me. My question is will the vxr feel the same just more hp? Am I better to look towards an f series? I ride small northern lakes at times but alot on lake Erie and Ontario..
    if you ride on lake Erie and Ontario i would say you will be happier with the fx hull.

+1
    I started with a new 2012 VX Deluxe that my wife and I took turns on and ride on Lake Erie. Those choppy waves can be a pita and they never seem to leave the lake. This year, I picked up a left over 2013 VXR for me. The extra power is nice which makes it more fun. It seems to turn better maybe because of the slightly different sponsons and more thrust to swing the back end around but other than the hull being nanocell, it's the same. The rough water ride is still the same and the VXR is 20lbs lighter than the VX Deluxe. The 2015 VXR is supposed to handle rougher water a little better than the previous model years but from everyone here, the FX series is the way to go. I would have bought an FX HO and probably should have but didn't want to spend the extra cash. So now I can go faster as I get the same wave pounding.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.
    I can tell you the 2015 hull is much better then my previous 2013. It doesn't drift as much in confused chop or side swells. Lets see how I do with it in LB2CAT this month. Ski is dialed in and running on the 310s heels.

+1
    I ride most of the time in Ontario with mine and have a blast...I would have bought a boat if I wanted to just cruise around. I put the R&D grate on and it has helped in the choppy conditions.

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RYANROCKET View Post
    I can tell you the 2015 hull is much better then my previous 2013. It doesn't drift as much in confused chop or side swells. Lets see how I do with it in LB2CAT this month. Ski is dialed in and running on the 310s heels.

UPDATE#### I won the N/A open class and finished 9th overall at LB2CAT just on the heels of the faster supercharged skis. The ski performed flawless. 1:02:22 total time.

Great ski Yamaha ...Great ski
    #29 Team Jet Renu Yamaha -Ryan

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1

UPDATE#### I won the N/A open class and finished 9th overall at LB2CAT just on the heels of the faster supercharged skis. The ski performed flawless. 1:02:22 total time.

Great ski Yamaha ...Great ski
    #29 Team Jet Renu Yamaha -Ryan

Awesome feedback and congrats on your win!!!!!!!

I have a 2015 VXR but it's my first ski so I have nothing to compare it too. I do ride in the Tampa Bay area and have been extremely comfortable in choppy water. So far I am extremely happy with the purchase. I'm always looking forward to our next outing.

Thread Information