Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: vxr upgrade?

  1. #1

    vxr upgrade?

    I have a couple vx cruisers and while good for the wife and doughter its not cutting it for me. My question is will the vxr feel the same just more hp? Am I better to look towards an f series? I ride small northern lakes at times but alot on lake Erie and Ontario..


  2. #2
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,223
    +1
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by yammieguy View Post
    I have a couple vx cruisers and while good for the wife and doughter its not cutting it for me. My question is will the vxr feel the same just more hp? Am I better to look towards an f series? I ride small northern lakes at times but alot on lake Erie and Ontario..
    if you ride on lake Erie and Ontario i would say you will be happier with the fx hull.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    538
    +1
    75
    I started with a new 2012 VX Deluxe that my wife and I took turns on and ride on Lake Erie. Those choppy waves can be a pita and they never seem to leave the lake. This year, I picked up a left over 2013 VXR for me. The extra power is nice which makes it more fun. It seems to turn better maybe because of the slightly different sponsons and more thrust to swing the back end around but other than the hull being nanocell, it's the same. The rough water ride is still the same and the VXR is 20lbs lighter than the VX Deluxe. The 2015 VXR is supposed to handle rougher water a little better than the previous model years but from everyone here, the FX series is the way to go. I would have bought an FX HO and probably should have but didn't want to spend the extra cash. So now I can go faster as I get the same wave pounding.

  4. #4
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,415
    +1
    1,476
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    TEMECULA CA
    Posts
    14
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.
    I can tell you the 2015 hull is much better then my previous 2013. It doesn't drift as much in confused chop or side swells. Lets see how I do with it in LB2CAT this month. Ski is dialed in and running on the 310s heels.

  6. #6
    DarkCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    315
    +1
    17
    I ride most of the time in Ontario with mine and have a blast...I would have bought a boat if I wanted to just cruise around. I put the R&D grate on and it has helped in the choppy conditions.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    TEMECULA CA
    Posts
    14
    +1
    5

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by RYANROCKET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.
    I can tell you the 2015 hull is much better then my previous 2013. It doesn't drift as much in confused chop or side swells. Lets see how I do with it in LB2CAT this month. Ski is dialed in and running on the 310s heels.

    UPDATE#### I won the N/A open class and finished 9th overall at LB2CAT just on the heels of the faster supercharged skis. The ski performed flawless. 1:02:22 total time.

    Great ski Yamaha ...Great ski
    #29 Team Jet Renu Yamaha -Ryan

  8. #8
    MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    17,415
    +1
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANROCKET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RYANROCKET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Matrix View Post
    I havent seen too many comments on the 2015 VXR. The new hull is supposedly better in the rough. It would be nice to hear some input on this. The Ride system looks pretty sweet too.
    I can tell you the 2015 hull is much better then my previous 2013. It doesn't drift as much in confused chop or side swells. Lets see how I do with it in LB2CAT this month. Ski is dialed in and running on the 310s heels.

    UPDATE#### I won the N/A open class and finished 9th overall at LB2CAT just on the heels of the faster supercharged skis. The ski performed flawless. 1:02:22 total time.

    Great ski Yamaha ...Great ski
    #29 Team Jet Renu Yamaha -Ryan

    Awesome feedback and congrats on your win!!!!!!!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    24
    I have a 2015 VXR but it's my first ski so I have nothing to compare it too. I do ride in the Tampa Bay area and have been extremely comfortable in choppy water. So far I am extremely happy with the purchase. I'm always looking forward to our next outing.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 VXR upgrades??
    By Yarbrouc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 04:08 PM
  2. Anyone heard of VXR cam upgrade on a SHO?
    By Jmfmk3 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
  3. Vxr cam upgrade
    By bryantjopplin in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM
  4. VXR Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete)
    By SpeedDemon99 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:03 AM
  5. 2011 vxr Exhaust questions and upgrade questions
    By bryan06107 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •