New sbt motor. Low compression in 1&2 any ideas?

I just dropped a new sbt motor in my 2005 rxp and from the start it was not running right. I brought it to the dealer to get aligned and they told me that the compression was low in 1 and 2. they said 2 and 40psi and 1 and 80 psi. Any ideas? the ski has about an hour on it with the motor.

thank you
    tom

+1
    Call SBT.
    They seem to be good with their warranties!

+1
    You are finding out first hand why so many will not install there motors. Because SURE it has a warranty, but to reinstall it a couple times will make you want to just pay someone to rebuild it correctly. My Dealer got so tired of losing there ass on SBT motors they will not put them in anything. ONLY OEM!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    that's a clear call for a new shortblock

I do SBT because when a customer has a brain fart and blows their engine, at least I get paid to swap it.
    I'd be buying an alignment tool quick. This is going to get old pretty fast.

If this engine was replaced due to a charger failure, I'd pay extra attention to cleaning the intake ductwork.

I've got a 07 GP1300 sitting in my yard right now. It's got its 2nd SBT motor in it. This one tanked after 28 hours. TWENTY EIGHT! Owner sold it to me with a trailer for 800 bucks he was so pissed. SBT is a joke.

+1
    hmmm...same thread 2 places.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    that's a clear call for a new shortblock

I do SBT because when a customer has a brain fart and blows their engine, at least I get paid to swap it.
    I'd be buying an alignment tool quick. This is going to get old pretty fast.

If this engine was replaced due to a charger failure, I'd pay extra attention to cleaning the intake ductwork.
    Ofcoarse you want them to use sbt as it is a better chance for you to make more money, but in reality they sell junk and it would save one more money to just rebuild correctly.

+1
    sounds like valves arent sealing when closed...........Bent?? maybe

a lot of water can hide in the 4 tech intake hsg & plastic intake hose to supercharger untill the Supercharger is above 6000 RPM......... I have bought many 4 tec SBT parts & Had No Problems.... I Have only installed their 2 Stoke engines assemblies With NO problems....... I would be wanting to take it apart to see the failure BEND ROD? BLOWN HEAD GASKET? BROKE PISTON?? Someone had already mentioned the entire INTAKE Must be Free of Water or other related old parts from older failed supercharger..... also the Intake Innercooler Must be tested at 10 lbs per manual. This can fail in cold weather & the leak lets lake water in to your intake hsg while running. causing another failure. about 99 percent of the time a failure on the 2 back cylinders 1 & 2 it is water related cause the engine it tilted back & the water is laying in the rear of the intake hsg waiting to go in to the 2 rear intake ports 1 & 2 when the supercharger air Comes Up.......... many 04-05 intercoolers had plastic end caps. these are prone to go Bad & leak.... some are 100 % copper brass. Do you know what intercooler you got? Did it get tested before you installed engine? the test is in sect 5 of the Seadoo manual........ there is also a test to put 100 psi of shop air thru a compression tester hose & determine where the air leaks too. EX or Intake or Crankcase?? This tells you what is leaking compression on that cylinder you are testing. I think they can it a pump up test. your shop should know how to perform that test?

Thread Information