93 polaris sl750 won't start, please help

I have a 93 polaris sl750 ran good last weekend,but will not start now have spark, fuel and good compression at all cylinders. Turns over but will not start. Can any one point me in the right direction have spent 2 days checking things but figure out the no start. Please help

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Does it have too much fuel, flooded rich?

Does it puff and attempt to fire as it cranks, or just crank without firing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Does it puff and attempt to fire as it cranks, or just crank without firing at all?
    It turns over with no attempt to fire, I turned it over with choke and still won't fire , it has spark at each plug. Plugs have a little fuel on them. Could it not be getting enough fuel or fuel pressure to fire. I check compression again 110 on all 3 cylinders.?? No idea

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayturner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

It turns over with no attempt to fire, I turned it over with choke and still won't fire , it has spark at each plug. Plugs have a little fuel on them. Could it not be getting enough fuel or fuel pressure to fire.

I check compression again 110 on all 3 cylinders.?? No idea
    If you dribble a teaspoon of fuel down each carb throat does it try to run?

Just an old school suggestion. Take a fuel soaked rag and hold it over the intake. Will work much better then pouring fuel down intake.

Thats being said, k447 knows about 64,000x's more about these specific skis so i could be talking out my ass for this specific applcation. BUT it almost works better then using starting fluid and doesnt ever run out when u really need it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    Just an old school suggestion. Take a fuel soaked rag...
    And then deal with the fuel soaked rag somehow. Flammable rag method will work, just needs to be handled properly or it becomes a fire hazard.

That said, working with gasoline always requires thinking about safety. Backfires happen, sparks happen, cigarette smoking friends appear suddenly and don't know about the gasoline fumes nearby.

Always think about what could go wrong and then actively manage the situation so things don't go wrong.

Lol, youre a worst case scenario kinda guy too. BUT for the past 20 years thaat ve done this, and the past 40 or so years my father did and his dad too.....was put it in your pocket..or anywhere else, throw it in the gunnel if you feel like it. Doesn't matter really. Its not gas under pressure so no chance of any kaboom, maybe a flameup if you hold a lighter up to it... As long as you dont have any open flames around who really cares, itll evaporate in a few seconds. no need to get too worried about it.

Of the few hundred motors ive started with this method. Not once did i ever say "holy shit where do i put this rag down!!!, if it goes in the wrong place we might all die "....

Happy 4th of July folks, hope you get your ski fixed up

Thread Information