Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In the UK/Scotland need help with MSX 140

Hi folks am after help with my msx 140

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Are you looking for information so you can do your own repairs or looking for a repair service?

My own if I can , it's very hard to find parts or help with my polaris msx 140 here in the uk

Hi k447 by the way lol

I sucked so e seaweed a few days back and cleared it out and it ran gd for 15 minutes or so and when trying to open it up to head in it went in to safe mode half rpm so got it home and went to flush it out and it flashed up on the dash overheating and check engine so I need help to find out how to fix this or reset any emm codes. Iv checked all water hoses and thermostat for sand/grit blockage but all clear so I am at a loss

Anyone help with my msx 140 trouble please

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by garry32 View Post
    Anyone help with my msx 140 trouble please
    You need to be more patient. The folks on here come and go as they have time to help. Sometimes we are online and responding, other times we may be busy with other things.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by garry32 View Post
    I sucked so e seaweed a few days back and cleared it out and it ran gd for 15 minutes or so and when trying to open it up to head in it went in to safe mode half rpm

so got it home and went to flush it out and it flashed up on the dash overheating and check engine. so I need help to find out how to fix this or reset any emm codes.

I've checked all water hoses and thermostat for sand/grit blockage but all clear so I am at a loss
    There is a black plastic mesh filter screen for the water feed to the cooling system. It is located inside the exit nozzle of the jet pump. Not the steering nozzle, the tapered nozzle that is bolted to the jet pump stator.

You may may be able to see it using a strong flashlight. It is tucked against the right inside of the pump nozzle, immediately adjacent to where the water tube is connected on the outside of the same jet pump nozzle. It is about the size of a postage stamp. Make sure that mesh screen is clear of blockage. You can reach your hand in through the nozzles, or you can remove the jet pump to inspect and clean.

See my signature links for more jet pump info and removal video.

The EMM depends on water cooling and is cooled via small hoses from the cooling water feed. Check for kinked small hoses, starting with the small hose that feeds into the lower fitting in the front of the engine, at the flywheel front cover.

Flush water through the stator cover and the EMM, and the related hoses. Make sure the long water exit hose from the EMM to the rear of the hull is not crushed or restricted.

There is another filter for the exhaust water injection orifice. If it is blocked it will not trigger a warning but it will allow the rubber exhaust hoses to melt. Located near the top of the large exhaust pipe on the engine there is a loop of small water hose with a metal nipple at each end. Remove the hose entirely. One metal fitting can be unscrewed with a large wrench, inside there is the mesh filter screen. Clean the screen, reinstall with a thin coat of thread sealant. The other smaller hose fitting has a metering orifice. Make sure that small hole is not blocked, use a thin wire to poke through the hole.

Check Engine warning will trigger a stored code. Stored codes do not affect engine operation once the source of the trouble has been corrected. Codes can be read and erased but only problems that are still physically happening will affect engine operation. For example if the engine is genuinely too hot the Overheat code 43 will be present and the EMM will also limit engine RPM until the temperature comes down into the acceptable range.

If you wish to read the stored EMM codes you may do so using a simple LED code reading tool. See my signature links, Ficht section, for how to make the tool and use it.

Hi , an update for you iv found the cause of my trouble and it's a straight forward fix , my water temp sensor in the manifold is bad and needs replaced and I got the advise/help from Harris at emm ficht repair based in texas correct me if am wrong .
    so I sucked up some seaweed into my jet pump on my polaris msx 140, I cleared it and it ran fine for 15 minutes then reduced rpm mode , so I hunted for help on the net as to what the problem could be. I pulled off water hoses and thermostat to check for sand/grit but all way clear yeti was getting overheating and check engine warning symbols on the mfd.
    Then Harris called me and went through my problem and told me to check my water temp sensor which I had already done and tested it (1000 ohms),and advised me that they can give a bad reading if they get hot to fast . Harris told me to buy a 1000 ohms 1/2 watt resistor and try that in the plug and see if it solves my problem .
    well safe to say I gave it a bash today and my ski ran sweet as a nut (and that's after testing the sensor and finding a reading of 1000 ohms it was still wrong.
    I would say to anyone with the same problem to try replacing the sensor with a 1000 ohms resister and see if it fixes the overheating and check engine warnings then you know ur water temp sensor is fit for the bin

Cheers garry

Hi k447 iv read your links on making a code reader my only problem is I can't buy the parts in the uk to make it and I can't find them for sale online even in the US.

I checked all that water hoses/fittings etc after reading your posts but I was still unsure what was going on, but now there is a new thing to watch out for a temp sensor giving you a reading of a 1000 ohms and still being fooked lol cheers for you ur help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information