Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Loss of power on yamaha suv gp1200.

I complete rebuilt my yamaha suv two years ago. It has been running greats since with top speed of 50. Today when I take it out, it start up right away, but it will not go beyond 34. everytime it pass the speed 34, when I try to give it more gas the engine can hear sound change. I need help finding the problem. Thanks

+1
    when was the last time you rebuilt the carbs? 2 yrs ago? do you run it often, do you stabilize the fuel? these carbs/returns can gum up quite easily.
    When was the last time you changed the plugs or fuel filter?
    Is your fuel switch hard to turn? these get gummed up & reduce flow. Bypass it, see if that helps.

if all that checks out, look into removing the flapper door on the intank pick up.

+1
    I rebuilt he carbs 2 years ago. I did not stabilize the fuel but it was running fine two weeks ago after taking it out for the first time after winter. All hose are new when I rebuilt it. I have not change the spark plugs since it only have 8 hours on it. as for fuel filter I will check it. The fuel switch turn fine.
    When I go beyond 3/4 of the throttle I can hear it sound like a low bass sound and it will blog down if I keep pressing the throttle, some time it will just matain 30+ mph.....

"look into removing the flapper door on the intank pick up." what is the flapper door?

Check compression. If that checks out then probably carbs

+1
    Where the fuel lines go into the tank/cap, there is a plastic body/tube. On the bottom of the tube there is a hinged trap door. It can get stuck. Get rid of it. It just snaps off.

+1
    I am still not too sure about the part you are taking about. I will try to post the parts diagram tomorrow. Please let me know when part it is. Thankss

+1
    the tube is Inside the tank. Where the fuel feed/return lines go into the top of the gas tank, You have to remove that rubber cap & lines, then pull out the long hard plastic tube(under the cap, inside the tank). At the bottom of this hollow/hard tube (your fuel lines are inside it), is where there is a 1/2 moon trap door. it pivots, like a flapper. Just snap off that door. The Tube can get warped or the door itself & this can cause random starvation issues.

see here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39093
    and here(just the very top pic) http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/fuel.html

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=fuel+clunks

You dont have to add the 'clunkers', but they do allow you to run the fuel lower w/o starving & add another 'pre-filter'.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMagic View Post
    the tube is Inside the tank. Where the fuel feed/return lines go into the top of the gas tank, You have to remove that rubber cap & lines, then pull out the long hard plastic tube(under the cap, inside the tank). At the bottom of this hollow/hard tube (your fuel lines are inside it), is where there is a 1/2 moon trap door. it pivots, like a flapper. Just snap off that door. The Tube can get warped or the door itself & this can cause random starvation issues.
    Go it, I will try it out. Thanks btw doesn't the flapper prevent fuel from flowing back?

Flapper was removed by Yamaha in 02.
    Also bypass the selector.
    Have you done a plug chop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robfromga View Post
    Flapper was removed by Yamaha in 02.
    Also bypass the selector.
    Have you done a plug chop?
    1) I will remove the flapper and give it a try
    2) you mean the fuel selector for choosing between the main tank (80%) for the reserve tank(100%)? how would I shut off the fuel when store if I bypass it?
    3) what is a plug chop?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information