+1

Question Question for the V-Tech guys, 60hp and 109hp in the same tune?

Two of my friends that bought their HO 90hp Sparks (to get iBR/VTS) at the same time as I did have kids and they were under the impression that the touring mode would be like the 60hp Spark with a lower top speed and that it would be about right for their kids to ride by themselves. We soon found out that the touring mode, even though being gentler in the power delivery, provided the same top speed. I then read on some other forum that V-Tech maybe was already thinking about a tune for children.

Not sure if it is possible but wouldn’t it be a good idea if you could use the sport and touring modes here, maybe if you could use the 60hp tune in touring mode and the general 109hp tune in sport mode? Or maybe use the learning key concept from the bigger Seadoo skis and have a second DESS for the kids locking the ski in touring/60hp mode?

Cheers,
    Thomas

I know what you mean yea I noticed that too, it would be nice to have 3 modes, but the touring mode without reaching 50 would be cool for my kids (I won't tell them about the sport mode )

+1
    no offence to your mate.....but why would you stick a kid on a jet ski by themselves!
    disaster waiting to happen.

law here is you have to be 16 to operate a PWC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
    no offence to your mate.....but why would you stick a kid on a jet ski by themselves!

Same here in Canada !!!

+1
    My kids have been riding for years by themselves. I see no difference between that and them riding there moto x bikes. I only let them ride when there is no one else around. Each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaski View Post
    My kids have been riding for years by themselves. I see no difference between that and them riding there moto x bikes. I only let them ride when there is no one else around. Each to his own.
    I agree. I leave it to the discretion of the parent. Some kids can be trusted more than others and its up to the parent to make that choice. I would trust them more on a ski then on a dirt bike. At least if they fall off a ski their life jacket will keep them afloat.

+1
    fair enough guys, I just know it's against the law for anyone to ride a jet ski alone under the age of 16 where I live (and you need a boat licence too) and therefore for insurance purposes I wouldn't let my 14 yr old nephew ride it (even though hes a very mature and trustworthy kid).

plus Marine & Harbours go past our spot on the river EVERY weekend and there's a high chance of us getting fined for it.

+1
    If you send VTech an email with details they can create a map that is more like the original in respects to throttle response

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post

Non taken I'm sure but where I live there are no such regulations and in the end it's up to the parents to decide. Also that is why they were looking for a way to limit the top speed.

Thread Information