R&D pump seal difficult install

Since I did not make note of this before I removed the pump, could someone tell me if the top 2 pump bolts will have more thread showing than the bottom 2 once everything is torqued? My ski is a 2012 RXT 260 and I just did a new wear ring and R&D pump seal (which is the correct part # per Jerry).

I installed the seal in the direction indicated on the seal (arrows for up), sprayed the seal and the pump mounting plate with WD-40 (per instructions), but the pump was still VERY hard to get to seat because of the thickness. As far as I could tell, it was seated all the way around, however there seems to be a thread or two more showing on the top 2 bolts than the bottom? I did follow the correct torque sequence for what it's worth.

+1
    Mine is an 09, but it was hard to get seated. It is a lot thicker and a stiffer material I believe. I had to use a lot of oil on mine. Make sure that you did not pinch the seal on the outer lip on the pump shoe. It is easy to do with the thickness of it. I am replacing mine because of it at the moment.

+1
    I had the same issue. Used a lot of wd-40 but to me it is basically a one time use. First time I removed pump to change my wear ring the seal was torn. Thought it was a waste of $$$ if i can Only use it once

+1
    I think I got mine on and off obout 4-5 times before it ripped. In the ring's defense, I had no oil on it for the last time it was on.

+1
    I used that clear dielectric grease and heard many others using windex with success. Pulled pump 3 different times to dial in my pitch and it has looked new every time. Don't know how good wd-40 is on that rubber seal. I did notice the thread difference top vs. bottom. Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRXP View Post
    I used that clear dielectric grease and heard many others using windex with success. Pulled pump 3 different times to dial in my pitch and it has looked new every time. Don't know how good wd-40 is on that rubber seal. I did notice the thread difference top vs. bottom. Normal.
    Thank you!!!

+1
    Great item works great but yes it is a lot tougher to install than instructions tell ya. Can you say LUBE LUBE LUBE LOL The whole time I was installing mine I though I was tearing the pump up LOL

Thread Information