Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with eco mode on 310x

I have a 2014 310x se that i cant seem to get the ski out of eco mode ,it will go in and out on its own .I wonder if this is normal because i can hold the eco button and nothing will happen no message acknolging that i have taken it out of eco mode . I feel like this may be causing my new scom unit not to be working properly. Any help or advice would be greatly apricated. I need all the speed i can get for this weekend.

Banned User
    +1
    When your riding around in the sweet spot the eco will show on the dash regardless if its eco mode or not its just letting you know you're driving economical. When its in eco mode full time it will stay lit up at all speeds.

Quick run now, this is the yamaha section, they dont like our kind around here

+1
    Lol

+1
    Be careful that you don't pop the engine. Kawasaki even printed in the manual that ECO mode can cause detonation, LOL!

Thanks for the info ! and i just noticed that i posted this in the section. I keep going in and out of the kawi section and couldn't find it, how do i move this to the kawi section? I feel like a idiot !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CCW View Post
    Be careful that you don't pop the engine. Kawasaki even printed in the manual that ECO mode can cause detonation, LOL!
    That's why you use 93 octane and forget about those worries.

Quote Originally Posted by rollinthunder13 View Post
    I have a 2014 310x se that i cant seem to get the ski out of eco mode ,it will go in and out on its own .I wonder if this is normal because i can hold the eco button and nothing will happen no message acknolging that i have taken it out of eco mode . I feel like this may be causing my new scom unit not to be working properly. Any help or advice would be greatly apricated. I need all the speed i can get for this weekend.
    You have to place the ski in "definite" Eco Mode when you are at idle or haven't started the ski yet. Push the button once and release, you will see "ECO" illuminate on the display (right side). When you are in definite Eco Mode, your ski will not create boost and will feel very lazy. However, I have achieved near 5 mpg using it, averaging about 38 mph. If you turn off the ski, removing the key, your ski will return to normal mode when you reinsert the key.

The Eco you see pop up (left side) while riding in regular mode is just to let you know....you are riding more efficient at this speed than going any faster, or slower. It's different, and does consume more fuel because you are able to build boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinthunder13 View Post
    should have gotten a FZR, our trigger finger is our eco mode.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwick718 View Post
    Eco mode is used on the 310X for very long rides with cruise control. I'm talking rides that you are testing fuel limits on. That being said.....

Your fingers would be worn out on the FZ ski long before you could take advantage of Eco mode like economy on it. I own both, and assure you.....my 310X achieved just shy of 5 mpg over a 50 mile trip (in one direction) using Eco mode and cruise control yesterday. There is no way my fingers could have done that on my FZ.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
    Eco mode is used on the 310X for very long rides with cruise control. I'm talking rides that you are testing fuel limits on. That being said.....

Your fingers would be worn out on the FZ ski long before you could take advantage of Eco mode like economy on it. I own both, and assure you.....my 310X achieved just shy of 5 mpg over a 50 mile trip (in one direction) using Eco mode and cruise control yesterday. There is no way my fingers could have done that on my FZ.
    who wants to go that slow?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post

who wants to go that slow?
    You would be riding slower than us on that FZ in the chop we hit. I own one, so I know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information