1999 seadoo gtx limited smokey on start up

Hi all i have a bit of a problem . My 99 gtx limited when its been sitting for a few days its take a few seconds to get it to start an blows a far bit of smke for about 30 seconds then its fine . Starts at the touch of the button after its been running for a minute . I have cleaned the carbs an replaced the rubber and plastic diaphrams they didnt look to good but made no difference . The ski runs excelent good poeer an speed an no hesitations i cant fault it just the oil smoke on cold start up . Was thinking if its my oil pump about to crap itself what do i need to do to make it so i can just premix it . Any help would be great thanks

+1
    Have you checked the the barrel on the cable end where it attaches to the bell crank on the oil pump? If that fails the pump will default to wide open and add to much oil at low rpm operation.

I have had a quick look an when pressing the throttle on the handlebars the part were the cable connects to on the oil pump is moving freely. I havnt checked if the adjtment nut on the cable is loose or anything is there a certain soot that it has to be adjusted to is there . It dont smoke when using it at idle or full throttle just on first start up after its been siiting for a few days. It only just recently started doing it

Its almost like oil is somehow leaking into the cylinders when its sitting for a few days. Hence why im thinking maybe i should just premix the fuel instead then no oil will leak while its not being used unless its an easy fix

+1
    There are alignment marks on the bell crank / pump body that need to be pointing at each other when at idle, that's what the cable adjuster nuts are for the manual has the adjustment procedure in it.

Whatever the cause, you've got a nice puddle of oil in the bottom of the crankcase that's got just a bit more than normal in it sounds like.

Thread Information